Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ferzaldo
Paper Tape
Views: 200
Message 1 of 4

G7 Power Won't Scan Whatsapp Web QR Code

Figured out solution.....      Had Chrome Dark Mode app turned ON in laptop..  and even thought it is perfectly bright and clear for the scan..  the phone won't detect unless it is turned off.    

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 182
Message 2 of 4

Re: New G7 Power..... Phone won't Scan Whatsapp Web QR Code

Hi Ferzaldo,

Thanks for posting. Does this only happen in the Whatsapp QR code scanner? How about other apps with a QR code scanner? Try clearing the app's data and cache by going to Settings > Apps & Notification > See All Apps > Whatsapp > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Storage. This might log you out of the app and reset the settings on the app.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Ferzaldo
Paper Tape
Views: 179
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Zeke.. I figured it out.. It was my chrome dark mode app .. I had it turned on and even though I could see the qr code perfectly bright and clear.. that inhibits the phone camera from picking up on the scan. Pretty strange as it is still very bright and crystal clear, but once I turned it off it picked it up immediately.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 177
Message 4 of 4

That is good to hear and thanks for sharing the solution. I would suggest leaving this post on just in case there are other users who might experience the same problem with their QR code scanner. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors