Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 2,073
Message 11 of 18

Re: G7 Power keeps resetting

@Pawe_3 wrote:
 If it were me I would bite-the-bullet and do a Factory reset.At least starting fresh the Updated O/S will be installed correctly.

I can wait for a few days.

However Can you boot to Recovery mode using the hardware keys and then Wipe the Cache Partition?

I've tried Recovery Mode and in its menu, there is no option Wipe the Cache Partition.

Hi Pawe_3,

Thanks for trying to fix your device. Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the trouble? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Pawe_3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,064
Message 12 of 18

Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone?

Done

Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the trouble?

It is okay. Do you want me to list them here?

Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

In Android settings? Smiley Happy The problem is my phone is completely unresponsive between resets.

Pawe_3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,050
Message 13 of 18

The problem repeats after hard resets and changing in ,,Select USB Configuration" in Developer options to ,,File transfer" from ,,Without file transfer". I can transfer files with the default ,,Without file transfer". During hard reset (,,Wipe data/ factory reset") ,,Userdata only" option is enough.

kasha1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,960
Message 14 of 18

Yes I had this issue as well, it seems to have been caused by setting the "Default USB configuration" setting to "File transfer".  I changed it back to the default "No data transfer" and I haven't had any issues since.

GerhardG
What's DOS?
Views: 1,949
Message 15 of 18

wrote:

Yes I had this issue as well, it seems to have been caused by setting the "Default USB configuration" setting to "File transfer".  I changed it back to the default "No data transfer" and I haven't had any issues since.

Kasha1, how did you set it back to "No data transfer" ? My phone does not allow me to get to the launcher...

kasha1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,945
Message 16 of 18

I had removed my SD card (not sure if this made a difference), but I was able to use the phone while it was plugged into my computer. 

GerhardG
What's DOS?
Views: 1,917
Message 17 of 18

It worked attaching the phone to my laptop with a cable! Yhank you very much

rocklander
Paper Tape
Views: 87
Message 18 of 18

mine was restarting regularly too. found it was the SD card had some large (4Gb, *.360 from a gopro max) files, and it was trying to scan it. only started happening after I installed cx file manager, but even after I uninstalled that it continued to restart (like every 10 mins or so).

formatted the SD and it's been fine since.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors