Message 101 of 110

Re: G7 Power wifi connectivity issues

Yawn.

scoy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 426
Message 102 of 110

I guess you have no faith that this will be fixed? It's been a long time seems like defective phone. Maybe it's chronic.
scoy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 426
Message 103 of 110

I am waiting for the update on the update. Please advise. If no update is forthcoming I would like to know that as well so I can try and return.
Giblet
Paper Tape
Views: 421
Message 104 of 110

Hi All,

I bought my G7 Power from Amazon in the UK at the start of September 2019. When it arrived, I had problems with WiFi connectivity. The connection would go slow, stop and then fall off the WiFi router altogether and not even report my WiFi as available. I needed to reboot the router to get connected again. I then read this thread and thought "Oh No!".

As this all happened immediately after purchase, I raised my concern with Amazon and they opened a ticket with a Motorola technical person. I got a call from Motorola and discussed my observations. What they said was interesting, (remember that this was in September)

...they (Motorola) had no known issue with WiFi connectivity on the G7 Power...

Even though all my other devices seemed to get on with my router, I remembered that my G2 has been a pain and would occasionally fall off the network for no reason. So, I decided to shutdown my TP-Link Archer C8 router and go back to using my ISP's Wifi offering (Virgin Media SH2). I really liked the phone and didn't want to have to send it back.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the G7 Power was 100% stable on the Virgin Super Hub 2. I have subsequently had Virgin upgrade my SH2 to a SH3 and still I have 100% stable connectivity from my G7 Power.

This seems to suggest that there is an issue with the G7 Power and SOME routers but not all. Perhaps this is why they (Motorola) have been so slow to come up with the killer patch.

Hoping this might help someone.

scoy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 416
Message 105 of 110

It's not the router.  I have 5 Moto G phones on the network never had a problem.  The G7 Power is the only one to give this connectivity  problem..  The fact that one provider works for you is just dumb luck.  I connect to multiple networks and the issue is the same.

.. and this forum traffic is proof of a CRONIC problem.

Fix or recall these phones please

ady_brown
Fanfold Paper
Views: 406
Message 106 of 110

Hi,

Giblet, Thanks for info, but this has been mentioned numerous times throughout this thread.... months ago.

Cheers

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 252
Message 107 of 110

HI,

I checked this with the team, unfortunately, we still don't have an update. However, rest assured I keep checking on this and the team is still working on this. The ticket created by our engineers is still open. I apologize for the long wait. I'll update here as soon as possible. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Tribute3
Punch Card
Views: 251
Message 108 of 110

Motorola has tons of engineers and software developers... 

At this point i suspect a hardware issue that would cost to much to fix...  Its simply been too long with too many reports that if it were in fact a software issue it would be fixed by now. 

Similar story was apparent with the google Nexus 5X when they had build quality issues.  Its really unfortuante that i bought another lemon. Smiley Sad  It took a class action lawsuit for them to fix the phones about 58 weeks after release. 

My 0.02. 

Highlighted
Niko90x
What's DOS?
Views: 148
Message 109 of 110

Same Problem here in Sydney with the XT1955-7 version.
The wifi is extremely terribl with some WIFIs, while it works decently with others. I have tried changing channels and transmitter power with no luck. It won't go more than 1mbps or it would say connected with no internet. If I disconnect the bluetooth it would slighlty improve but still with poor results. I believe motorola is not going to do a **bleep** for it, and all that's left for me is returning it asking for a refund.

volksplane
What's DOS?
Views: 141
Message 110 of 110

I'll add two more to the list.

My wife and I each purchased a moto g7 over the summer.

Ever since the start they have had issues with WiFi. Sadly we usually just switched to cell data to take care of whatever we needed to do so to late to return them. Same issue as most everyone else here. Every other WiFi device in the house connects and works just fine, even older moto g model phones.

However the moto g7 is intermittent at best. It may work for a few minutes on WiFi, but then the connection stops working. However, the phone shows that it is still connected with full WiFi strength. Whatever app or web page is open just loses internet connectivity.

Tried hard reboots, bluetooth on and off, cycling WiFi on and off, changing from 2.4 to 5Ghz,.. nothing worked.

Hopefully a fix be found. Very disappointing since I've had moto g phones all the was back to the first one and was always very pleased with the value of the product until now Smiley Sad

XT1962-1 moto g7

64 GB

P/N: PAE00006US

DOM: 2019-04-03 & 2019-04-02

Carrier: Google Fi

Top Kudoed Authors