Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KEVPAN815
Punch Card
Views: 206
Message 3 of 9

G7 making multiple time corrections.

My USA retail Motorola G7 is making multiple time corrections any time I power it on from both cold & hot boot. Any Suggestions?
Eepsquared
Paper Tape
Views: 190
Message 1 of 9

Re: Clock Shows Wrong Time

I have both automatic options checked but the time is still wrong. Have had this Moto g7 power for a few weeks now without a time problem but now, all of a sudden, automatic time isn't working. I haven't travelled outside of my time zone either. Have to set time manually now.

kelso6287
What's DOS?
Views: 176
Message 2 of 9

I have a Moto G7 and been having this exact same issue! I bought this phone a few months ago and only recently started experiencing this. It has happened like 5 times now in the last 2 days; I've tried turning off the "automatic" settings, re-starting... can you even take out the battery in these? I don't get it, like it just started glitching with the time for whatever reason... but only sometimes? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 179
Message 4 of 9

Re: G7 making multiple time corrections.

Hi KEVPAN815,

Thanks for posting. Can you please make sure "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone" are enabled in the Settings > System > Date & time?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

KEVPAN815
Punch Card
Views: 171
Message 5 of 9

Yes, they are both enabled.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 145
Message 6 of 9

Hi KEVPAN815,

Thanks for confirming. Would you mind sending a sample video showing this behavior? I haven't seen this happening with all of the phones I had, so I'm not familiar with this. I'd like to further investigate this though.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

KEVPAN815
Punch Card
Views: 125
Message 7 of 9

I have no way of taking a picture of this as it happens right after I enter my Sim Card Password at Cold Boot. I did try disabling Automatic Time Correction & Automatic Time Zone Detection 2 see what time it came up with, but was unable 2 reproduce the problem & the problem has NOT occured since then. This issue no longer effects me & can be labeled as Solved.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 80
Message 8 of 9

Hi KEVPAN815,

Thanks for your reply. Glad you're able to sort it out. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 47
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

Merging on this thread. You might have to try what works for @KEVPAN815. Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Edit: No taking out of battery please, Moto G7 has a nonremovable battery, we don't want to cause any physical damage on the phone.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors