05-04-2019

US

6 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 4

G7 will not connect to car/android auto

2019-05-04, 15:56 PM

I loved my new G7 --- until I realized it won't connect to anything. I cannot get it to connect to my car at all. Not through Android auto, not through bluetooth.  Guess maybe I should have stayed with my crappy old Samsung. Anyone else have this problem and was able to fix it?

Options

37 Posts

06-06-2018

US

25 Signins

198 Page Views

• Views: 198
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: G7 will not connect to car/android auto

2019-05-04, 23:29 PM

I've had continual bluetooth issues with my G7 since the day I got it. First, low volume when streaming audio via BT. A network reset and re-pairing to all my devices fixed that. Then it began to stop streaming audio to my truck's BT and my BT headset. Did a full factory reset and the issue persists. The only way to get it to work is to place a call via BT, which weirdly works, then the rest of the audio continues to stream normally.  I'm about ready to ditch it and go back to my X4.

Options

1871 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2797 Signins

49071 Page Views

• Views: 49071
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-05-06, 14:09 PM

wrote:

I loved my new G7 --- until I realized it won't connect to anything. I cannot get it to connect to my car at all. Not through Android auto, not through bluetooth.  Guess maybe I should have stayed with my crappy old Samsung. Anyone else have this problem and was able to fix it?

What happens when you connect the phone to your car? How are you trying to connect to Android Auto? For the Bluetooth, have you tried removing all Bluetooth connections from the car and setting it up with just your phone? If so, what happened when you tried?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

05-04-2019

US

6 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-05-06, 22:26 PM
With my old phone I just used to use a USB cord to connect the phone to the car. Android Auto ran on my old Samsung, and it runs on the Moto G7. BUT the G7 doesn't seem to be communicating with the car. I plug it in, and it either says no device connected, or sometimes it says "loading" but it just hangs there and nothing ever loads. For the bluetooth, I did have it originally set up and could play music. But now that I've messed with it so much trying to get AA launched, now the BT doesn't work anymore either. It just won't pair anymore. I went to Best Buy thinking I needed a new cord? (strange tho how the original cord wouldn't do it?) The guy there said he didn't think it was the cord, to call my dealership. We went there today and was told that there is no system update for the vehicle. Does anyone know if the G7 Pie will run AA? We have a 2017 CRV.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save