Options

2 Posts

05-09-2019

US

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

MOTO G7 Plus (XT1965-2, Latam) WiFi Calling Feature with Simple Mobile (Tracfone/T-Mobile MVNO).

2019-05-09, 16:53 PM

Hello,

I live in the NYC, and I bought a Moto G7 Plus through Amazon.com . The model is the Latam, but that should not be an issue because it has the LTE bands I need (2. 4 and 12). 

I have a new Simple Mobile (www.simplemobile.com) SIM and everything works perfectly except the WiFi Calling feature.  I can activate it in settings, I informed of my address in the E911 website, and my carrier tells me that my phone is compatible and the service is active . However, I don't see any wifi calling icon, and when I set the phone in Airplane mode with WiFi activated, I cannot make or receive calls.

I confirmed the carrier service is active by putting the same SIM in an iPhone- There, it works.

Is there anything I can try with the APN settings or something else I can try?  The phone has Android 9 Pie with the April 1st security update.

The only thing I can think of is that the phone has the baseband firmware for Latam... could that be an issue for Wifi Calling in the USA ?

Thanks.

Options

2 Posts

05-09-2019

US

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: MOTO G7 Plus (XT1965-2, Latam) WiFi Calling Feature with Simple Mobile (Tracfone/T-Mobile MVNO).

2019-05-10, 19:35 PM
Up
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save