Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwoofer
What's DOS?
Views: 254
Message 1 of 7

Moto G7 Plus Security Issue

I don't know whether it is a recent update, but G7 Plus is proving very unreliable on the security front. Several issues:

- My the fingerprint sensor has become very unreliable, so that most of the time I have to use the PIN entry

- When entering the PIN the phone usually let's me before I have finished the PIN

- Sometimes it let's me in without going through any security procedure at all!

This is a big security issue and I'm losing confidence in the phone security overall all, which means I need to start disabling apps. Anyone experiencing similar?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 247
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto G7 Plus Security Issue

Hi rwoofer,

Thank you for reporting, this is odd. We have never heard this before. We would like to help and learn more about this. Just to narrow down;

• Could you share us additional information on Fingerprint you are experiencing? Does it work? What do you notice when you approach Fingerprint?
  • For your other questions: If you are trying to approach your device frequently -- you might bypass the security based on the settings you have on your device. To change that -- Locate settings > Security & Location > Screen lock > Click on the Settings (Little gear icon)  > Automatically lock > Select Immediately and observe. 
  • For your third point > could you help us with a small video showing what you see. We would like to take a look?
  • Finally, please check if you have enabled any 'Smart Lock' feature such as 'Face Unlock' 'On Body detection' etc..

Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

rwoofer
What's DOS?
Views: 225
Message 3 of 7

Hi Swaraj,

On your points:
- Fingerprint rarely works now and often the screen won't wake up with my finger in the scanner.
- I just changed to "Immediately" as it was on 5 seconds. The issue repeats itself.
- I will shoot a video when I can get another phone to do so.

Thx
Richard
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 216
Message 4 of 7

@rwoofer wrote:
Hi Swaraj,

On your points:
- Fingerprint rarely works now and often the screen won't wake up with my finger in the scanner.
- I just changed to "Immediately" as it was on 5 seconds. The issue repeats itself.
- I will shoot a video when I can get another phone to do so.

Thx
Richard

Thanks, could you also confirm this: 

• Please check if you have enabled any 'Smart Lock' feature such as 'Face Unlock' 'On Body detection'?

-Swaraj

Motorola Support

rwoofer
What's DOS?
Views: 184
Message 5 of 7

Been offline, but discovered that indeed Face Unlock was switched on (I forgot that I had even set it up), so that it why it appears to unlock. Obviously there is not indication that your face has been recognised, so not easy to know.

The only problem now is the fingerprint recognition. I will delete all my fingerprints and rescan to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 135
Message 6 of 7

@rwoofer wrote:
Been offline, but discovered that indeed Face Unlock was switched on (I forgot that I had even set it up), so that it why it appears to unlock. Obviously there is not indication that your face has been recognised, so not easy to know.

The only problem now is the fingerprint recognition. I will delete all my fingerprints and rescan to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help.

Great, thanks! Glad to hear that! Sure you can test and let us know how it goes?

-Swaraj

Highlighted
HenriqueM
Serial Port
Views: 49
Message 7 of 7

Same here. Any solution to this ? 

Trued all the indicated steps but keeps failing. Happened shortly after Moto screen app update .

Top Kudoed Authors