04-30-2019 05:02 AM
I don't know whether it is a recent update, but G7 Plus is proving very unreliable on the security front. Several issues:
- My the fingerprint sensor has become very unreliable, so that most of the time I have to use the PIN entry
- When entering the PIN the phone usually let's me before I have finished the PIN
- Sometimes it let's me in without going through any security procedure at all!
This is a big security issue and I'm losing confidence in the phone security overall all, which means I need to start disabling apps. Anyone experiencing similar?
04-30-2019 05:31 AM - edited 04-30-2019 07:34 AM
Thank you for reporting, this is odd. We have never heard this before. We would like to help and learn more about this. Just to narrow down;
Let us know how it goes?
04-30-2019 07:07 AM
04-30-2019 07:37 AM
On your points:
- Fingerprint rarely works now and often the screen won't wake up with my finger in the scanner.
- I just changed to "Immediately" as it was on 5 seconds. The issue repeats itself.
- I will shoot a video when I can get another phone to do so.
Thanks, could you also confirm this:
04-30-2019 03:26 PM
05-02-2019 05:32 AM
Been offline, but discovered that indeed Face Unlock was switched on (I forgot that I had even set it up), so that it why it appears to unlock. Obviously there is not indication that your face has been recognised, so not easy to know.
The only problem now is the fingerprint recognition. I will delete all my fingerprints and rescan to see if that makes a difference.
Thanks for the help.
Great, thanks! Glad to hear that! Sure you can test and let us know how it goes?