Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryboman
What's DOS?
Views: 542
Message 1 of 13

Moto G7 Plus for US

Why does it appear that Motorola/Lenovo do not want the US market to have the higher end processors and memory configurations for the G7 line.  The site is only showing us Power and Play versions.  I am NOT interested in less speed or memory on my device that what I have on my G4 Plus.  The more this continues, the more likely I am to be moving away from Motorola; No Android 8 for the G4 Plus, no Plus for G6 or G7.  Disappointed and disgusted to what Moto has been reduced to.

sbs8331
Punch Card
Views: 500
Message 2 of 13

Re: Moto G7 Plus for US

I've had a G4 Plus for a few years, and it's given very good service. I'm now considering an upgrade, and there are a couple of things steering me toward something like a Nokia 7.1 instead. First, the G7 Plus won't be available in the US. Why not?? Second, despite the promises, the G4 has never gotten upgraded from Android 7.0, and I'm leaning toward something that's kept a bit more up to date.

Slamor07
Paper Tape
Views: 488
Message 3 of 13

I have the G5PLUS (everyday driver) and G5SPLUS. I was just thinking about the fact that I waited for the G6...disappointed and did not purchase.  Then here is the  G7 I am not satisfied either.  Motorola/Lenovo guys GIVE US THE PLUS MODELS, darnit. Yep I have to look somewhere else, even though both of the G5s are in great working order, I would like to have something new.

ideapad_s9_4067
Punch Card
Views: 393
Message 4 of 13

Would it work if we baught an international version of g7 plus to use in the us since there wont be a us version.  Or international version does not have us compatible bands?

ideapad_s9_4067
Punch Card
Views: 391
Message 5 of 13

And even without plus its not so bad.  Power has 5000 mah battery.  That alone is worth it.  How many phones can you say have 5000 mah battery?

ideapad_s9_4067
Punch Card
Views: 353
Message 6 of 13

BTW does anybody know the US release date for the g7 line.  I read march 1st for uk.  So probably after that.

ideapad_s9_4067
Punch Card
Views: 337
Message 7 of 13

International Versions

Since there will be no g7 plus version in the usa would it work if we baught an international version of g7 plus.  Or international version does not have usa compatible bands?

Highlighted
sbs8331
Punch Card
Views: 336
Message 8 of 13

Most of what I've seen says mid February or later for Europe and spring for USA. Nothing definite.
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 302
Message 9 of 13

Re: International Versions

@ideapad_s9_4067 wrote:

Since there will be no g7 plus version in the usa would it work if we baught an international version of g7 plus.  Or international version does not have usa compatible bands?

While bands might overlap, it's never recommended for a mainly a couple different reasons. 

1. We can not guarantee performance in a region the phone was never intended for sale.
  2. Warranty will only apply in the region it was bought from. 

-Tom

sc_country
Paper Tape
Views: 281
Message 10 of 13

I am with you. I have a X4, which of course there is no replacement for; the G7 Plus would be a perfect replacement. The regular G7 would be a step down, esp the cameras.  I tweeted and emailed Motorola support and marketing dept with my disappointment. You should, too. It makes no sense for them to not release the Plus variants in the US. It's the sweet spot of the market for people who want a great camera in a budget/cusp of midrange phone.  I may buy the int'l version with no warranty, but I shouldn't have to do that. I need to research what LTE bands it has..

Top Kudoed Authors