Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kulan
What's DOS?
Views: 957
Message 1 of 6

Moto G7 Plus restarts randomly

Hi,

Recently bought an G7 Plus and it randomly restarts a couple of times per day. Sometimes it gets stuck on the boot-logo and I have to perform a hard reset.

Tried resetting the phone without installing any old apps but the problem still continues.

Should I send the phone back for replacement or is there something other I could do?

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 874
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G7 Plus restarts randomly

@Kulan wrote:

Hi,

Recently bought an G7 Plus and it randomly restarts a couple of times per day. Sometimes it gets stuck on the boot-logo and I have to perform a hard reset.

Tried resetting the phone without installing any old apps but the problem still continues.

Should I send the phone back for replacement or is there something other I could do?

Yikes, this doesn't sound good. I'd like to look at some things from my end. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
PSA4711
Paper Tape
Views: 697
Message 3 of 6

I just bought one last Friday, and it is doing the exact same thing. Beginning Monday this week it is restarting 3 to 4 times per day and need cold boot to continue.

Kulan
What's DOS?
Views: 690
Message 4 of 6

I had mine sent back and replaced. Haven't had the problem since. Kind of annoying since the G4 used to turn itself off also.

Other than that I'm happy, battery capacity on the G7+ could have been a little better IMHO.

So, just send it back. I downstairs matter if you do a factory reset etc. the problem still continues and yes it's annoying. 

EM80
Paper Tape
Views: 491
Message 5 of 6

I just got a g(7) this week and it's been doing something similar for the last day or so. It turned itself off in my pocket 5 or 6 times yesterday.

I thought the power button was getting pressed in my pocket or maybe the phone was bending slightly and causing something to short out... I haven't been able to reproduce this by holding down buttons or stressing the frame but it did turn itself off again this morning while sitting on a table with nothing else touching it.

Since fully charging I haven't noticed any weird behavior but the phone was at 35% when i plugged it in.

Any word on a cause or solution?

Highlighted
kvannatt
What's DOS?
Views: 454
Message 6 of 6

I have the G7 Power and I've started experiencing the same thing. I'll pick up my phone and I'll realize it restarted.

Top Kudoed Authors