Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welshyorkie
Punch Card
Views: 523
Message 91 of 107

Re: Moto G7 Power - Missing Security Updates

Sorry but can't understand any of the last message.  But my phone, on retgb, is still waiting an update.

BaggyD
Paper Tape
Views: 489
Message 92 of 107

Fyi my support request and reply from support I'm retuk

Sorry I dont understand... How does this statement: "it turns that your phone is actually currently up to date" match with my phone reporting 1 Dec 2018 Security update (months out of date) and fact that other users of a Moto G7 power in other countries are reporting that they are getting June update (see ...https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/moto-g7-play-moto-g7-moto-g7/Moto-G7-Power-Missing-Security-Updates/td-... and the statement on your website " Motorola is committed to regular and timely
security upgrades as recommended by Google/Android. While phones cannot be upgraded indefinitely, we provide security upgrades within the industry standard on both our regular and our Android One devices" and that I may to wait weeks?

And reply..

as said before, I do appreciate your annoyance, 8 months is a long time to wait for a security update, and we do apologise for this. As you point out, updates are released in different countries at different times as we are, unfortunately, unable to provide updates for all countries, models and providers at the same time. We have indeed already fully deployed the June 2019 security patch in a number of European countries, and have just started rolling out the update in the UK these past few weeks. It will therefore be available to you shortly. Again, I understand that you are displeased, but I am afraid we have no other information to offer you; all I can do now is pass on your feedback. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Welshyorkie
Punch Card
Views: 396
Message 93 of 107

Displeased? Fuming more like. Still not had my upgrade and cannot for the life of me understand why it would takes weeks to update phones in the UK when it is done OTA. I suppose some else is to blame here thought not Motorola. Dreadful service. 

lydham72
Fanfold Paper
Views: 392
Message 94 of 107

Welsh Yorkie, it appears that we are last in a very, very long queue... I hope we finally get our security updates this week.
Welshyorkie
Punch Card
Views: 388
Message 95 of 107

I hope so. I find it frustrating as my phone arrived on day of release so one of the first batch sold in UK but feels like one of the last to get the upgrade. But this is my last ever Moto phone.

chrissie53
Fanfold Paper
Views: 321
Message 96 of 107

I have had my Moto G power since May. Very disappointed on these updates. Bought it to replace my Moto G 5 and that was on February 2019 update. Yet brand new phone still on December 2018. Had these phones since 2014. Like most on here think this will be my last. 

chrissie53
Fanfold Paper
Views: 245
Message 97 of 107

Just received latest update June 2019 and I'm in the UK. 😁

lydham72
Fanfold Paper
Views: 225
Message 98 of 107

Finally! (UK) Better late than never I guess...
Welshyorkie
Punch Card
Views: 201
Message 99 of 107

Well, at last, I have had an update on my phone. Just hope we don't have to wait 8 months for the next one

Highlighted
Treboeth
HDMI
Views: 190
Message 100 of 107

@Welshyorkie we won't have to worry about waiting 8 months for another update.
Motorola will end support of the G7 line after 12 months.
As an ex-owner of a Lenovo P2 I'm not sure if I'm joking or not sadly.
Top Kudoed Authors