Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sainikbiswas
Paper Tape
Views: 933
Message 1 of 10

Moto G7 Power No Updates Since December 2018

I bought the Motorola G7 Power as it was listed in the Android Enterprise Recommended Phones thinking that as this phones cleared Google stringent validation checks they will roll their updates and specially security updates in time. As of writing my phone is still stuck on the December 2018 update here in India. The only and I mean only reason I got this phone over the Nokia phones was because I thought I would get the 5000 mAh battery and the updates and now I am regretting that decision. What is the point of a security update if it is not rolled out as soon as Google makes it available. It might take a while for companies to implement test and validate the update but it should not take this long. I am a long time Motorola user and I have been using the Moto phones ever since the 1st gen came out and it seems that with every new release things are breaking down. This will be the last Moto phone I ever purchase. Moto G7 Powers Global Support page lists that May 2019 update is available. My question is when an update is available why not roll it out globally to every Motorola user in every country. What is causing this problem where an update is available in one country but not in other, Pixels can do it, Nokia's can do it, why can't you guys solve this? Please honor your commitments. When you sell your phones you tell everyone will get the latest updates don't do that?  This was not expected from Motorola.

Screenshot_2019-07-16 Android Enterprise Solutions Directory.png

Screenshot_20190716-193200.png

sainikbiswas
Paper Tape
Views: 821
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto G7 Power No Updates Since December 2018

A quick update for everyone who are following this thread. I contacted the Motorola India Team and they say that I am running the latest version which is the December 2018 update on Android 9 . So for users in India we are 7 months behind on security updates and all they said was to wait as they make an update available. MotorolaIndia.pngMotorola India Support

gds6464
Fanfold Paper
Views: 813
Message 3 of 10

That's the same version that my G7 Power is running - I am in the UK.
sainikbiswas
Paper Tape
Views: 691
Message 4 of 10

Hi, just a quick update, Just got the June update available. The first update since December 2018. So Motorola is listening to customer feedback, which is highly appreciated.  Moto G7 Power June 2019 Security Update Release Notes2019june-update.png

Ivan1981
Fanfold Paper
Views: 656
Message 5 of 10

I didn't get it yet in Serbia Smiley Sad Maybe this release is only for India, for this time being.

Do you see any changes after update like better wifi connection, better wifi speed with BT turned on, or something else is improved etc?

moticity
What's DOS?
Views: 464
Message 6 of 10

Just received this update in the U.S. on 8/3.

I've been a Motorola customer for a long time. Lenovo, please do better.

gds6464
Fanfold Paper
Views: 257
Message 7 of 10

Unfortunately, there's still no sign of this update in the UK. This is my third generation of Motorola device, and it's increasingly seeming that it will be my last.

I've also raised an issue seperately with support, and despite sending them logs and screenshots have not had a response since. 

I feel totally let down.

chrissie53
Fanfold Paper
Views: 215
Message 8 of 10

Just received June 2019 update this afternoon and I'm in the UK 😁.

Highlighted
gds6464
Fanfold Paper
Views: 184
Message 9 of 10

Yes, I also received the update this morning (14th). Let's hope it's a sign of better things to come.

aisey
Punch Card
Views: 157
Message 10 of 10

I received this update today (14th August) but nothing seems to have changed. Still an issue with slow wifi when bluetooth and/or location services are on. Screen still goes darker when playing videos in landscape. I was hoping these issues would be fixed but alas not. Motorola really are useless at fixing issues with their devices.

Top Kudoed Authors