Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
razikp
Paper Tape
Views: 206
Message 1 of 8

Moto G7 Power microphone low

Just got a new G7 power for my mum and the microphone is very low I can barely hear her on WhatsApp, normal calls are better. Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

She was using an old Samsung S3 which is very old and so this was supposed to be an upgrade but I'm very disappointed now. Tried reinstalling and giving special permissions to microphone, don't know what else to do.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 153
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G7 Power microphone low

Hi razikp,

Other than Whatsapp, what other apps have you tested it with? It sounds like an app isolated case. Does it happen when recording videos using the default camera of the phone?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

razikp
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 3 of 8

Hi Rich,

I have tried reinstalling the app and it's not changed anything. As it's WhatsApp I don't think it would be an as issue as this should would have been fixed or at least acknowledged.

It issue also happens in the stock phone dialer, so normal calls are also muffled. I have not tried video yet as she mainly uses it for WhatApp or calls, but will try.

Is there any built in noise cancellation going on that might be reducing the volume too much or a developer setting that can increase the volume?

I should note that i have the UK version and online searches suggested turning off Voice Privacy, there is no setting for this on the UK version. Google voice is also off.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 110
Message 4 of 8

Hi razikp,

Thanks for providing further information. I might have been missing the basic here, can you please confirm if she's using a phone case? If so, try removing it. Make sure she's holding the phone without blocking the microphones and make sure to talk near the microphone. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

razikp
Paper Tape
Views: 102
Message 5 of 8

She was using the supplied clear case, removing it had helped but it was still muffled. Microphone was not blocked either and used correctly.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 83
Message 6 of 8

Hi razikp,

Can you test the microphone on the Device Help app > Diagnosis > Hardware Test > Microphone? Let me know the results. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

razikp
Paper Tape
Views: 46
Message 7 of 8

I tested that and the sound was fine and loud. I've tried a factory reset and still have the muffled sound. This is present using the phone app.

I tried this after the reset and didn't install any apps just the stock phone app. No network issues but low muffled voice. Using Whatapp again same issue low volume and muffled, so can't be an app specific issue.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 37
Message 8 of 8

Hi razikp,

Thanks for testing. Were starting to funnel it down. I need a little more details on this. Were these VOLTE calls or just regular phone calls? Does it happen with a specific contact or regardless of which she was calling? Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your check-in data, signal and apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors