cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rudy80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,141
Message 1 of 6

Moto G7 external ringtones stopped working, but Motorola's do so I removed the ones that failed..

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,105
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G7 external ringtones stopped working, but Motorola's do so I removed the ones that failed.

Hi Rudy80,

Thanks for posting. When you say external ringtones, were these mp3 files? Aside from the ones you removed were you able to set the same format file as your ringtone?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Rudy80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,102
Message 3 of 6

Re: Moto G7 external ringtones stopped working, but Motorola's do so I removed the ones that failed.

Yes, they were MP3 files.  I had uninstalled the apps, but noticed the ringtones I had used were still in the ringtones listings.  I opened up the files page and deleted them there along with the apps that were somehow still there.  The ringtones would play except when there was an incoming call, so they were useless.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,100
Message 4 of 6

Hi Rudy80,

Did you delete it from the Ringtone folder? If it's still showing in the ringtone list, try clearing the cache and data of your Settings (Settings > Apps > Settings > Storage > Clear Cache and Data). I would also suggest cleaning the junk files on the Files app. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Rudy80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,097
Message 5 of 6

Yes, I cleared cache and junk files when I did the deletes.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,047
Message 6 of 6

@Rudy80 wrote:

Yes, I cleared cache and junk files when I did the deletes.

Does it solve your concern? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors