Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
OnyxDesign
What's DOS?
Views: 300
Message 1 of 4

Moto g7 Power won't keep default home app

I use Smart Launcher 5 as my phone's launcher. However, when I turn my phone off and then turn it on again, it switches to the moto app launcher, then I click the home button, it lags*, then it asks me to choose my default home app, I select Smart Launcher, it lags some more, and then I am presented with my Smart Launcher screen. Any ideas?

P.S. lag never happens on my phone besides here.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 292
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto g7 Power won't keep default home app

Hi OnyxDesign,

We don't recommend using any third-party launcher application, as it may cause issues like that. However, if you want to keep the third-party launcher, you can try setting it as your default launcher (Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Default apps > Home app > Select the one you want to set as default. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 276
Message 3 of 4

@OnyxDesign wrote:

I use Smart Launcher 5 as my phone's launcher. However, when I turn my phone off and then turn it on again, it switches to the moto app launcher, then I click the home button, it lags*, then it asks me to choose my default home app, I select Smart Launcher, it lags some more, and then I am presented with my Smart Launcher screen. Any ideas?

P.S. lag never happens on my phone besides here.

I use Holo Launcher and enable it as the Default launcher in Holo Launcher's settings so see if your 3rd party launcher has it's own option Smiley Happy

KarlBeckman
802.11n
Views: 246
Message 4 of 4

Or, even better, follow the manufacturer's recommendation and use the launcher app that they preload on their phones (which is also the only one they use for Android OS compatibility testing!).

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors