Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Will59
What's DOS?
Views: 76
Message 1 of 4

Phone front camera

I very recently bought a Motorola G7 Power, and the front camera does not work. Each time I try to use it, whether it be through the Camera app, WhatsApp, Messenger etc., the phone seems to stall and closes the application I'm in and suggests I restart my phone.

I have tried to restart the phone a number of times now and it is not helping.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 62
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone front camera

Hi Will59,

Thanks for posting. Was the camera already not working after opening the box? Try performing a hardware test on the front camera. You can do so by going to Device Help > Device Diagnosis > Hardware Test > Front Camera. Let me know if the front camera works. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Will59
What's DOS?
Views: 56
Message 3 of 4

I managed to get the front camera working once, a few days ago, to take a single photo, but since that time it has not worked. When I run the hardware test, the front camera is shown not to work.

Thanks, 

Will

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 53
Message 4 of 4

Hi Will59,

That could possibly a hardware problem on the front camera. Are you still within the return period? If it is, please contact the seller to have it replaced. If the phone is no longer within the return period please send it to a service center for repair.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors