Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bolly2007
Paper Tape
Views: 236
Message 1 of 5

Stuck in bootloop after update

After latest update (Version number: PPWS29.98-111-5) , installed Saturday 2 November,  my 6 month old G7 Plus is now stuck in bootloop cycle. Sometimes I can get it to fully load but after random time it will reboot- usually gets stuck on Motorola blue screen 

I have tried 3 factory reset without any luck

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 153
Message 2 of 5

Re: Stuck in bootloop after update

Hi Bolly2007,

Thanks for posting. That's odd, but this shouldn't be caused by an update. Let's get this sorted first. Can you please confirm, did you restore your apps/backup after doing factory data reset? If so, it is recommended not to restore any files/apps/backup. We need to observe the phone without any apps/files installed. 

Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Bolly2007
Paper Tape
Views: 124
Message 3 of 5

Hi Rich

Thanks for your reply. The phone still does it even if I reset without adding any apps or backups.

Thinking it needs to go in for repairs at Motorola. 

Highlighted
Ballyshannon
Punch Card
Views: 106
Message 4 of 5

I would try calling Motorola customer support. I've had to contact customer support a couple times (US) regarding different issues, and they were excellent. Very knowledgeable and professional, and were able to find a solution to my issues. Each time, they used the Rescue+Mobile app (used for remote technical support) via wifi to connect to my phone directly so they could see exaclty what was going on. There are different levels of support, and if level 1 can't determine or resolve the issue, it goes to a level 2 technician or higher. It's at least worth a try. They could certainly determine definitively if your issue can be resolved or if your phone needs to be sent in.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 33
Message 5 of 5

Hi Bolly2007,

Thanks for your reply. We can consider that as a factor but if the phone is stuck in a boot loop, you can try fixing it using the LMSA tool. See here for more information and for the instruction. You can try utilizing the Rescue function and check for software updates. Let me know if that helps.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors