Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Turambar2019
Paper Tape
Views: 159
Message 1 of 3

USB-C External audio interface not working completely

I just got a G7 Power back in July. I have a USB OTG adapter for using with an external audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2). I can get audio out through the interface/USB-C fine. It sounds great. But for some reason, it won't work for recording in any camera app. I have FilmMic Pro, Open Camera, Camera MX and none of the recognize the interface for audio recording. I use FilmMic Pro all of the time on my iPad with the 2i2 and no issues but I really wanted to use my G7 because the camera is a lot better than my old iPad.

Any ideas why it's working for audio output but not audio input?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 118
Message 2 of 3

Re: USB-C External audio interface not working completely

@Turambar2019 wrote:

I just got a G7 Power back in July. I have a USB OTG adapter for using with an external audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2). I can get audio out through the interface/USB-C fine. It sounds great. But for some reason, it won't work for recording in any camera app. I have FilmMic Pro, Open Camera, Camera MX and none of the recognize the interface for audio recording. I use FilmMic Pro all of the time on my iPad with the 2i2 and no issues but I really wanted to use my G7 because the camera is a lot better than my old iPad.

Any ideas why it's working for audio output but not audio input?

Hi Turambar2019,

Interesting, let us try to test this real quick: Open Camera > Settings (gear on the top right) > Video settings > Audio source > External mic (if present) -- we can not guaranty it would work, keep us posted on how it goes? You can also post a screenshot showing what you see?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Turambar2019
Paper Tape
Views: 81
Message 3 of 3

Re: USB-C External audio interface not working completely

So this definitely worked! I actually plugged my interface into the OTG into the phone and restarted the phone with everything plugged in. When I opened FilmMic Pro, I had the option to choose a USB mic. I switched it over to that and right away it was working with stereo recording through my Scarlett 2i2! Thanks for the help!

Top Kudoed Authors