cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
YukiS
Paper Tape
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎10-21-2019
Location: BR
Views: 127
Message 11 of 16

Re: Weird behaviour (G7, resetting out of nowhere)

Factory Reset done Wednesday, problem occurred again today. Now, what?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 481
Registered: ‎04-04-2018
Location: IN
Views: 102
Message 12 of 16

Re: Weird behaviour (G7, resetting out of nowhere)


@YukiS wrote:

Factory Reset done Wednesday, problem occurred again today. Now, what?


Hi YukiS,

 

Thanks for trying. Could you please elaborate on your concern with the device step by step one more time?

 

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

Regards,

Suman



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

YukiS
Paper Tape
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎10-21-2019
Location: BR
Views: 94
Message 13 of 16

Re: Weird behaviour (G7, resetting out of nowhere)


@Agent_Suman wrote:

@YukiS wrote:

Factory Reset done Wednesday, problem occurred again today. Now, what?


Hi YukiS,

 

Thanks for trying. Could you please elaborate on your concern with the device step by step one more time?

 

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

Regards,

Suman


Feel free to look at my apps! I've updated the profile with the IMEI of the SIM1 (didn't have an option to put the SIM2 one too).

And I'll explain again! As long as I keep my phone with the screen upwards, no problem happens! But if I put it with the screen downwards, randomly it'll be unresponsive when I get it to see notifications (like, 30s+ to turn on the screen) or it's simply turned off (forcing me to press the power button to turn it on), I suspected of some bug with Moto Actions, but nothing happened disabling it. I asked someone who also have a Moto G7 to test putting her phone downwards more frequently to see if something similar would happen, and well, it happened, that's why I don't know what to do (the only solution I've currently is never putting my phone downwards on a table).

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 481
Registered: ‎04-04-2018
Location: IN
Views: 73
Message 14 of 16

Re: Weird behaviour (G7, resetting out of nowhere)


@YukiS wrote:

@Agent_Suman wrote:

@YukiS wrote:

Factory Reset done Wednesday, problem occurred again today. Now, what?


Hi YukiS,

 

Thanks for trying. Could you please elaborate on your concern with the device step by step one more time?

 

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

Regards,

Suman


Feel free to look at my apps! I've updated the profile with the IMEI of the SIM1 (didn't have an option to put the SIM2 one too).

And I'll explain again! As long as I keep my phone with the screen upwards, no problem happens! But if I put it with the screen downwards, randomly it'll be unresponsive when I get it to see notifications (like, 30s+ to turn on the screen) or it's simply turned off (forcing me to press the power button to turn it on), I suspected of some bug with Moto Actions, but nothing happened disabling it. I asked someone who also have a Moto G7 to test putting her phone downwards more frequently to see if something similar would happen, and well, it happened, that's why I don't know what to do (the only solution I've currently is never putting my phone downwards on a table).


Hi YukiS,

 

Thanks for the details. I have updated our concerned team and trying to duplicate the exact concern. Meanwhile, I want to confirm if you have performed the Factory Data Reset without an automatic restore. Did you follow these steps? If not, I suggest you perform FDR again and let me know. 

 

Regards,

Suman



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

YukiS
Paper Tape
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎10-21-2019
Location: BR
Views: 69
Message 15 of 16

Re: Weird behaviour (G7, resetting out of nowhere)

Yup, it was done without automatic restore.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 2,057
Registered: ‎02-11-2016
Location: US
Views: 52
Message 16 of 16

Re: Weird behaviour (G7, resetting out of nowhere)


@YukiS wrote:

Yup, it was done without automatic restore.


You mentioned that you did a factory reset on Wed 11/6 however looking at the IMEI you shared, I don't see that a factory reset has ever been completed. In order for us to troubleshoot this effectively, we need you to try and do a factory reset without restoring apps as recommended by @Agent_Suman

 

-Tom 



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors