Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 3,105
Message 1 of 9

Welcome to the moto g7 community

Welcome to the new moto g7 community! g7.jpg

Click here to learn more!

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
TVCCS
Punch Card
Views: 3,042
Message 2 of 9

Re: Welcome to the moto g7 community

Got the pre-launch e-mail this morning and it balked at a Gmail address for sign-up on the G7 Power, displaying a domain error.   Also, would like to see if there's a beta program available...have had an e4 Plus and an E5 Plus.   Thank you.

Update - Got a Motorola message on my phone and was able to register.

muhammadasimali
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,412
Message 3 of 9

Can you tell the release date of Motorola G7 /G7 Plus in Pakistan ? Will it released in Pakistan ?

98NoMoMoto
Paper Tape
Views: 2,244
Message 4 of 9

Really rotten experience with the Moto G7 Power! I just bought one this past Tuesday night. Could not get it to connect with Internet. Brought it back to the store yesterday. They changed the SIM card--no change. They took out another Moto G7 Power. That one wouldn't connect either. Two store employees worked on it for 3 1/2 hours, talking with my cellphone carrier. No change. I was told a "2nd Tier" rep from my phone service (a very well-known name brand) would call today, and he did. Spent another 1-1/2 hours. He tried everything; told me the problem wasn't on his end—problem is with the phone. I called Motorola tech service and explained the problem. The Motorola tech rep assured me the answer was to do a factory reset. Didn't sound like a solution to me. I said that I didn't want to lose my contacts, pictures, etc. She said don't worry, it's all saved on Google. I checked, and told her the file was 0 bytes. She said don't worry, we'll save it all now. We tried saving. I had my doubts, but stupidly went ahead with the reset. Everything wiped out--nothing saved on Google; no pictures no contacts, no nothing. And guess what, after the reset, the phone had new problems along with the old ones. Now I can't get anything on it to work properly. I owned a Moto G before and liked it, just so you know I'm not some anti-Motorola nut. In fact, that's why I opted for G7--I've owned Motorolas going back to the 90s. Please believe me--buy this phone and you'll regret it. Actually, you don't have to believe me--just check the complaints that are starting to come in on other Internet forums. Keep in mind, this phone's been out only a very short time.

carlagain
Punch Card
Views: 1,945
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for this info as i was looking to buy one,, and i also posted a question on how do i go abought keeping my straight talk plan when i get this and what involved... Now i may pass  on buying...

mclucid
Punch Card
Views: 1,386
Message 6 of 9

Sorry, but I don't feel welcome to this community at all. I've posted about not being able to update my brand new G7 Power that is still on the January 1st update yet two updates have been released since launch. I have yet to receive a response to my post from Motorola since all they seem to do is ask you to update your profile information to "investigate", but then never actually investigate. After calling tech support they lied to my face and claimed they "are not aware of this issue". Hmm, then why is that this forum has numerous posts about this issue? Why does social media have tons of people complaining about this issue? Why are people saying they will never purchase a Motorola/Lenovo product ever again? How daft are these people?

brontide
Token Ring
Views: 1,354
Message 7 of 9

Check cleared, don't care - Motorola

It's sad to see how far they have fallen.  They were a go-to brand for inexpensive workhorses and now they can't even get a post-release patch out to many users.

mclucid
Punch Card
Views: 1,351
Message 8 of 9

Yep, very sad. And it's bs that you can't file an FCC complaint to a manufacturer; only providers. So the only course of action I have is to return the device, spread the poor experience all over social media, and inform Amazon that the device should be removed from their catalog as it is advertised as being AEP compliant, but is clearly non-compliant on that. I purchased this device SPECIFICALLY because of that advertisement. It is a work phone!

mclucid
Punch Card
Views: 1,350
Message 9 of 9

In all of my poor experience receiving updates, especially with Verizon in the past, this is a first. I've had my phone receive the latest update late in the batches, but that's to be expected. I've NEVER failed to receive TWO critical security patches when the device is freshly configured from the factory and it's now been activated for a week. This is simply unacceptable and utterly deplorable. Nobody should support Lenovo or Motorala for anything.

Top Kudoed Authors