Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trickygggg
Paper Tape
Views: 4,510
Message 1 of 9

Wifi Calling and VOLTE

Will the Moto G7 (US unlocked version) support Wifi Calling and VOLTE on the Sprint network?

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 4,464
Message 2 of 9

Re: Wifi Calling and VOLTE

@Trickygggg wrote:

Will the Moto G7 (US unlocked version) support Wifi Calling and VOLTE on the Sprint network?

It's possible that VoLTE will work but as with most retail unlocked devices, VoWiFi will likely not be available. However, I will ask around and see if I can get confirmation on what will be supported on Sprint with the moto g7.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Motorola Admin
Views: 4,456
Message 3 of 9

@MotorolaTom wrote:

@Trickygggg wrote:

It's possible that VoLTE will work but as with most retail unlocked devices, VoWiFi will likely not be available. However, I will ask around and see if I can get confirmation on what will be supported on Sprint with the moto g7.

-Tom

I stand corrected. On Sprint, the moto g7 will not support VoLTE or VoWiFi. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Trickygggg
Paper Tape
Views: 4,451
Message 4 of 9

Just curious, is this a Sprint choiceor Motorola choice? I had an unlocked Essential phone purchased through Essential it it supported both right out of the box on Sprint.

Motorola Admin
Views: 4,437
Message 5 of 9

@Trickygggg wrote:

Just curious, is this a Sprint choiceor Motorola choice? I had an unlocked Essential phone purchased through Essential it it supported both right out of the box on Sprint.

Sorry, I don't have the information.

-Tom

ideapad_s9_4067
Punch Card
Views: 4,410
Message 6 of 9

What about tmobile?  If I pre order the power from motorola will it have wifi calling builtin?  Or do I have to wait for tmobile to get them?  Or can it be added later to unlocked phone from motorola?

heap1
Punch Card
Views: 4,384
Message 7 of 9

Pretty much all Motorola phones in the past couple of years have supported both Volte and Wifi calling on T-Mobile out of the box. I assume the G7 will too.

Motorola Admin
Views: 4,343
Message 8 of 9

@ideapad_s9_4067 wrote:

What about tmobile?  If I pre order the power from motorola will it have wifi calling builtin?  Or do I have to wait for tmobile to get them?  Or can it be added later to unlocked phone from motorola?

@heap1 is correct. The moto g7 will support VoLTE and VoWiFI on T-Mobile.

-Tom

sc_country
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,941
Message 9 of 9

Tom,

I bought a G7 direct from Motorola because the site said it was certified to run on Verizon with all features..VoLTE works but there is no option to enable Wi-Fi calling. Do you have any info as pertains to Verizon or Verizon prepaid? Thx 

Top Kudoed Authors