Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mclucid
Punch Card
Views: 305
Message 1 of 5

g7 Power XTI955-5 stuck on January 1st security patch

I just bought and set up a g7 Power (XTI955-5) a few days ago and noticed that it naturally was still on the January 1st security patch. I see that there have been two patches since - the March and April patches. When I go to check for updates it states that I'm on the latest. Clearly this isn't true. Given the April patch rolled out over a week ago why am I not receiving either patch after having the phone on the network now for multiple days?

brontide
Token Ring
Views: 268
Message 2 of 5

Re: g7 Power XTI955-5 stuck on January 1st security patch

Welcome to the club, it's a real problem.  You can't update manually because Moto hasn't updated their utility to work with the G7 yet.  Even the April update won't protect you from half a dozen critical explits that would allow someone to take control of your device.

mclucid
Punch Card
Views: 214
Message 3 of 5

Well, what's worse is the lack of response from Motorola/Lenovo on this. All of the random posts here with someone offering to help them, but a critical issue like this as a new customer is super unprofessional.

mclucid
Punch Card
Views: 176
Message 4 of 5

I guess I'll never receive a response from Motorola since I've already updated my profile with the information they request, huh?

mclucid
Punch Card
Views: 136
Message 5 of 5

Luckily found a mirror for the official images. For whatever reason it doesn't have the April 1st patch, but it at least has the March 1st patch so I was able to update to that at least from January 1st. You can flash the images with `fastboot`. Mirror here: https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/ocean/official/. Be sure to select the correct update channel, which you can verify in phone settings.

Top Kudoed Authors