Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dmmoran316
Paper Tape
Views: 141
Message 1 of 3

how to get repeat Notifications set up

Hi all, I just bought a G7 Optimo. I am on pager duty at work, the way I get paged is throught texts - I have always been able in all 5 Android phones I've ever had to be able to set my text alerts to repeat alerting me until I view the text, but I cannot for the life of me find out how to do this on th G7, if you know how, please help. thanks!!!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 81
Message 2 of 3

Re: how to get repeat Notifications set up

Hi dmmoran316,

Thanks for your post. If you're referring to the actual tone notification, that is not an option for the device nor the stock Android messaging app (Messages). However, you can use Moto Display > Peek Display > Approach to wake up - This will help you check if you have notifications just by waving your hand over the top of the screen and/or bumping the phone with your finger. Otherwise, you check the Play Store and see if there's a messaging app with this feature. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

dmmoran316
Paper Tape
Views: 73
Message 3 of 3

Re: how to get repeat Notifications set up

Thanks Rich, that is a bit of a bummer, I will check the Playstore. I have Peek Display, but do not have "Approach to wake up", all that I have is  "Block apps", " Level of details to show", "Safe reply" and "Vibrate on touch". But I really need an audio alert that repeats in case I'm getting paged while out cycling or hiking.....ty again!

Top Kudoed Authors