Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g8 play
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

02-17-2021

Canada

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 9

got no wifi signal and I tried everything

2021-02-17, 18:58 PM

My phone is connected to Wi-Fi but there's either no signal or a very weak one that isn't strong enough for anything to work. nothing I've tried fix's this including turning off bluetooth.Changing router settings does not help either and my other devices connect just fine. What's going on here and how do I fix it?  

Options

3852 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

741 Signins

57700 Page Views

• Views: 57700
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:got no wifi signal and I tried everything

2021-02-17, 19:29 PM

Hi Steeloid,

We would like to look further into this. Does the phone show that it has low Wi-Fi signal even if you are near the router? May we know the exact make and model of the router? Does this also happen on other Wi-Fi network? Try booting the safe mode and let me know if it still shows the same behavior. 

To reboot in safe mode:

1. Press & hold the Power button.
  2. Touch & hold Power off.
  3. Touch OK to restart in safe mode.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

02-17-2021

Canada

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2021-02-18, 5:59 AM

It's the same in safe mode. By the way It seems it only has problems with my home network which is dual band is is setup to use 2.4 and 5G as one connection. As for the make and model it's a TELUS router model number# T3200M and it's not actually mine, I'm in a homeshare (If you don't know what that is you could say I'm renting a place at a government fixed price and getting help and support if I need it from the homeowners). I can access the router settings (not the actual router) but I'd rather not mess around if I don't have to especially since it's only my cell phone having issues (I do not want to mess with their connection and mine (my other devices connect just fine) just to get my phone connected).I'm also using android 10 and have heard it hates 5G if this helps (updated to it at the end of January so why is this happening now?).      

Options

13491 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1277 Signins

173330 Page Views

• Views: 173330
  • Message 4 of 9

2021-02-18, 15:21 PM

Hi Steeloid

Thank you for the details. We appreciate the things you've tried. I would just like to make sure, have you tried resetting the network settings (Settings > System >Advanced ?> Reset Options > Reset WiFi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth)? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

02-17-2021

Canada

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2021-02-18, 18:26 PM

I already tried that before but it no longer matters. I was checking my phone last night and I suddenly had a signal again. I think the problem was the modem Ip address which is renewed/released when the lease timer below it runs out(as seen in the router home page (click on: DHCP renew/release)). I guess my phone didn't like that particular IP address and was fixed when it changed. So if anyone else has the same problem as me the Ip address can also be renewed/released manually in the router settings instead of waiting for the timer to run out. Thanks for the help anyways it was much appreciated. Surprising it seems some problems are actually fixed automatically sometimes. 

Options

13491 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1277 Signins

173330 Page Views

• Views: 173330
  • Message 6 of 9

2021-02-19, 17:56 PM

Hi Steeloid

Thanks for confirming. Have you also tried unpairing all WiFi networks connected with your phone? Settings > Settings > Network & internet > WiFi > Tap the gear icon next to each WiFi devices > Forget or Unpair? If you have tried that, I would like to get a bug report so we can escalate this to engineers.

1. Enable Developer options a. Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build number 7 times > enter PIN/Password

2. Go into Developer options a. Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options

3. Enable/Toggle on the following items from Developer Options a. Bug report shortcut b. Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging

4. Go back to your home screen.

5. Duplicate the issue. Once you have reproduced it generate the bug report a. Long Press the power button and choose Take bug report from the power menu

6. You will get a notification form Android system that a Bug report is being generated. Allow this to finish.

7. Once the report is completed you will have another notification that says Bug report #x captured Tap to share your bug report. a. Tap on the notification > OK > Save to drive > if prompted Allow > Save

8. Once the reported is uploaded to drive you will have a notification from Drive that says 1 file uploaded. a. Tap on the notification > Tap on 3 dots to the right of the bug report file you just uploaded > Tap on share > Tap on lock on bottom left > Change > Viewer > Change again > Copy link

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

4 Posts

02-17-2021

Canada

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2021-02-19, 18:58 PM

Like I said before my phone is connected just fine now and no I don't think I can reproduce it sorry I believe it was a random modem Ip address that my phone didn't like for some reason and if not then I have no idea how it happened or how it fixed itself so I don't think a bug report will help you any. 

Options

3852 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

741 Signins

57700 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2021-02-22, 16:03 PM

@ Steeloid wrote:

Like I said before my phone is connected just fine now and no I don' think I can reproduce it sorry I believe it was a random modem Ip address that my phone didn' like for some reason and if not then I have no idea how it happened or how it fixed itself so I don' think a bug report will help you any. 

That is great to hear that it's working fine again.  If ever the issue comes back, please generate the bug report.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!

Options

3852 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

741 Signins

57700 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2021-03-25, 18:46 PM

@ toor123 wrote:

Hi Steeloid,

I was facing same issue but now it is solved and all thanks to Motorola Team

Glad to know that worked. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. Also, if you see a pop-up for a survey please do fill it out regarding the experience here in the community.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms