Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g8 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-24-2021

Spain

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Boot problems after updating phone

2021-11-24, 21:21 PM

Hi all,

Yesterday we updated a Motorolla Moto G8 Plus and it didn't boot properly. It is booting a black screen with some errors and the only options are show barcodes, bootloader logs, start, restart bootloader, recovery mode and poweroff.

In the bootloader logs there are the followeing messages:

-AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)

-No bootable A/B slot

-Failed to boot Linux, failing back to fastboot

-Fastboot Reason: Fall-thhrough from normal boot mode

We've also tried to save the phone executing the Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistant Tool and when we try to install the new firmware (DOHA_RETEU_QPIIS30.28-Q3-28-26-4-1-7_subsidy_DEFAULT_regulatory_DEFAULT_CFC_.xml.zip) it stops at the 50% with a fastboot flash failed error.

As further information, the model name is XT2019-1.

What could we do to fix this problem? 

Many thanks in advance to all,

Javi

Options

2768 Posts

11-24-2020

India

255 Signins

28035 Page Views

• Views: 28035
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Boot problems after updating phone

2021-11-25, 8:08 AM

@ Gongoron wrote:

Hi all,

Yesterday we updated a Motorolla Moto G8 Plus and it didn't boot properly. It is booting a black screen with some errors and the only options are show barcodes, bootloader logs, start, restart bootloader, recovery mode and poweroff.

In the bootloader logs there are the followeing messages:

-AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)

-No bootable A/B slot

-Failed to boot Linux, failing back to fastboot

-Fastboot Reason: Fall-thhrough from normal boot mode

We've also tried to save the phone executing the Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistant Tool and when we try to install the new firmware (DOHA_RETEU_QPIIS30.28-Q3-28-26-4-1-7_subsidy_DEFAULT_regulatory_DEFAULT_CFC_.xml.zip) it stops at the 50% with a fastboot flash failed error.

As further information, the model name is XT2019-1.

What could we do to fix this problem? 

Many thanks in advance to all,

Javi

Hi Javi, 

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone. I will try my best to help you with this. I appreciate your efforts in using the Rescue and Smart Assistance Tool. Please submit your feedback regarding that to the Rescue and Smart Assistance tool. Just click on the Feedback button below the tool.

I would suggest you try Rescuing the phone again and see if that helps. Please go through the link here for instructions. But this process will wipe all data from the phone. Please take data back up before you perform the Rescue. 

I hope it helps! If you still face the same problem, I would recommend sending your phone for repair service.  Please go through the link here and contact the support team for further repair options. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

11-30-2021

Poland

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Boot problems after updating phone

2021-11-30, 21:05 PM

Hola Amigo,

Don't listen to all this support. They're not repairing your phone. The only help for you is me. But you will have to open the cover of your phone. You have a link to the guide here. 
***removed***

Note: We do not recommend side loading the software and hence, edited and removed the link. - Sunitha
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms