Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g8 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

01-14-2015

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

32 Signins

465 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 465
  • Message 1 of 6

Fingerprint and WiFi performance issues (Android 10)

2021-03-03, 14:18 PM

There are two major issues I'm experiencing I've found no solution for so far.

The first issue I have is leaving my phone overnight disables the fingerprint and face unlock, even only for a few hours. It asks for my pin instead.

The second issue is the WiFi connection is severely impacted with the Bluetooth enabled/connected to my earphones. The phone is connected to the WiFi 5GHz band on my Virgin Media Hub. To solve the issue I have to disable both WiFi and Bluetooth on my phone to return to a stable connection.

I've followed some troubleshooting steps recommended by the Lenovo agents here such as factory reset and using the rescue option in the Rescue and Smart Assistant to reinstall the ROM, but neither of these fixed the performance-related issues with my Moto G8 Plus.

Options

13002 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1250 Signins

170160 Page Views

• Views: 170160
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Fingerprint and WiFi performance issues (Android 10)

2021-03-03, 14:38 PM

Hi Bojangles

Pin would be required every so often as part of the normal Android security, but not after a few hours. If it happens again, kindly generate a bug report. Note the time the phone was left to sit idle and when you encountered the request for the pin.

To capture Bug Report:

1. Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build number 7 times > enter PIN/Password
2. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
6. Once the report is completed you will have another notification that says Bug report #x captured Tap to share your bug report. a. Tap on the notification > OK > Save to drive > if prompted Allow > Save
7. Once the report is uploaded to drive you will have a notification from Drive that says 1 file uploaded. a. Tap on the notification > Tap on 3 dots to the right of the bug report file you just uploaded > Tap on share > Tap on lock on bottom left > Change > Viewer > Change again > Copy link

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

As for WiFi, Bluetooth shouldn't impact any speeds on the 5 Ghz network as Bluetooth uses the 2.4 Ghz. Please send me a speed test screenshots with and with out Bluetooth enabled and bug reports with WiFi verbose in both scenarios.

1. Go into Developer options a. Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options

2. Enable/Toggle on the following items from Developer Options a. Bug report shortcut b. Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging

3. Go back to your home screen.

4. Duplicate the issue. Once you have reproduced it generate the bug report a. Long Press the power button and choose Take bug report from the power menu

5. You will get a notification form Android system that a Bug report is being generated. Allow this to finish.

6. Once the report is completed you will have another notification that says Bug report #x captured Tap to share your bug report. a. Tap on the notification > OK > Save to drive > if prompted Allow > Save

7. Once the reported is uploaded to drive you will have a notification from Drive that says 1 file uploaded. a. Tap on the notification > Tap on 3 dots to the right of the bug report file you just uploaded > Tap on share > Tap on lock on bottom left > Change > Viewer > Change again > Copy link

Please send me the bug reports via private message. Also please provide me the WiFi Make/Model/Security. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

24 Posts

01-14-2015

32 Signins

465 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-03-03, 14:46 PM
Hi Rich, thanks for your quick response. I will get back to you with your request as soon as I can. Cheers.
Options

13002 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1250 Signins

170160 Page Views

• Views: 170160
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-03-03, 14:53 PM

Hi Bojangles

I just realized my long response. Please let me know if you need clarification on some information/instruction we're asking. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

24 Posts

01-14-2015

32 Signins

465 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-03-16, 7:54 AM
Hi Rich, Just wondering if you received my PM with the bug reports that was sent a couple of weeks ago as I've not heard from you since your last post. Thanks.
Options

2418 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1127 Signins

46590 Page Views

• Views: 46590
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-03-17, 6:38 AM

@ Bojangles wrote:

Hi Rich, Just wondering if you received my PM with the bug reports that was sent a couple of weeks ago as I' not heard from you since your last post.Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, we have received the bug reports and shared them with our concerned team. We'll post back on this thread once we have some updates and information that we can share.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)