Options

3 Posts

09-28-2020

DE

18 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 1 of 7

Ghost taps after unlock/fingerprint (Android 10)

2020-09-28, 7:44 AM

Hi there!

I´ve noticed sometimes "ghost taps" after unlocking my MotoG8+ via fingerprint sensor. In most cases everything works fine - but sometimes, a ghost tap on my calender widget opens calendar, or a ghost double-tap on top opens message-bar/clock. It must be some kind of "tap", because on different screens of my nova launcher, different apps will be started.

I´ve removed my screenprotector-glass to test - no difference. 

It was never seen on Android 9 - on Android 10 it occurs ~ 1-2 times a day.

Does anybody else have this symptoms?

Any suggestions to debug?

regards, Andy

Options

2129 Posts

03-11-2019

US

603 Signins

43490 Page Views

• Views: 43490
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Ghost taps after unlock/fingerprint (Android 10)

2020-09-29, 12:38 PM

Hi AndyFx,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If you tried unlock the phone using the PIN/Password would the ghost taps occur? Have you tried removing the saved fingerprint and re register it again? 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

09-28-2020

DE

18 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2020-09-30, 16:28 PM

Hi Zeke, thanks for your reply!

It never occured on unlocking by password/pin. And my phone seems to "learn". The last 3 days, it occured only once. It's getting less day by day.

I've re-registered my fingerprint - and I've activated new option to get message-bar by fingerprint-sensor-sliding. 

I think it's a timing issue by waking-up the screen. Adaptive power seems to learn...

regards, Andy

Options

2129 Posts

03-11-2019

US

603 Signins

43490 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2020-10-01, 14:27 PM

Hi AndyFx,

We would like you to enable "Show Taps" in the developer options and duplicate the issue. Please record a video showing the problem and generate a bug report. 

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

BUG REPORT FOR NORMAL ISSUE:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2129 Posts

03-11-2019

US

603 Signins

43490 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2020-10-09, 14:28 PM

Hi AndyFx,

Have you already tried to perform a factory reset on your phone? If you haven't yet, please perform a factory reset without restoring any app and your google account. Here is the link on the factory data reset: https://support.motorola.com/anz/en/solution/MS145098

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

3 Posts

09-28-2020

DE

18 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2020-10-09, 16:04 PM

Hi Zeke,

no I didn´t do a factory reset. I have much security apps (OTP, Banking, OpenVPN ..) installed - in most cases a backup is not possible. So it would take MUCH time to restore all needed functions.

Is there an external tool to make a full image of the phone (like e. g. ODIN for Samsung devices)? 

So it would be possible to test a fresh install - and if this doesn´t help, I could restore to previous state. 

regards, Andy

Options

2129 Posts

03-11-2019

US

603 Signins

43490 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2020-10-13, 14:08 PM

Hi AndyFx,

I'm sorry, we do not have a tool that can save a Full image of the phone just like you mentioned. I understand the trouble of re-configuring your phone and apps but our team suggested to do a factory reset without a restore, so we can check if the phone would show the same behavior. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete