10-24-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 6

Motorola Customer Support is terrible

2020-10-24, 22:20 PM

I have a Motorola G8Plus that is only 5 months old. I understand that screens are not covered under warranty...I am not trying to use any kind of warranty. I just want to find out how much it would cost for a repair so I know if it would be better to just buy a new phone....and I can't get anyone at Motorola customer support to help me. I am just trying to find out how much out of pocket it would cost to replace the screen on this phone.

What is sad, is that I love this phone and until the horrible phone call I just had with their terrible customer service agent, I was willing to just buy another one, but now I am thinking that customer service says a lot about a company and I am not sure that I want to support a company that is not even willing to help their loyal customers (this is the third phone and 4th product of theirs that I have owned).

The local phone repair place can't get the screen for this phone because it is too new, so they said to call Motorola. All I was asking for was information...and they couldn't be bothered to even give me that.

Very disappointed Motorola...I always supported you as an option outside of Samsung and IPhone when it came to phones because I think that the market needs more than just two competitors but now I am thinking that perhaps there is a reason why you are so far behind the two big leaders.

Options

5 Posts

10-20-2020

MX

6 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Motorola Customer Support is terrible

2020-10-24, 23:09 PM

I just purchased my third Moto G (G8 this time) and my wife and daughter both have Moto G7s. My last purchase was useless, restarted every couple of hours on its own. UI locked up and wouldn't respond. I reached out for help. No response, no information. I returned it. Probably the end of my Moto G run. I'll look for an alternative.

Options

793 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

290 Signins

7625 Page Views

• Views: 7625
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-10-25, 11:30 AM

Surprised to hear someone say your phone model is too new to obtain screen parts - pretty sure Motorola have walk-in repair & service centres in the US and an arrangement with an independent company (Ifixit?). I would think a professional screen replacement would cost a lot less than a new phone.

Matt

Tom

Can you assist here?

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■ Please search the forum before posting. I do not respond to unsolicited PMs ■ Site Rules: https://tinyurl.com/yxlqjnal ■ Site Advice: https://tinyurl.com/yxchoq72 ■ If you post a question and no-one answers it does not mean no-one is thinking about it ■
Options

43 Posts

09-09-2020

GB

25 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-10-26, 9:10 AM
Customer service is not good. Complain.
Options

43 Posts

09-09-2020

GB

25 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-10-26, 9:11 AM
But make sure you have the Customer services agent name. And the chat.
Options

3311 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3060 Signins

61731 Page Views

• Views: 61731
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-10-26, 18:15 PM

@ Mishka0P wrote:

I have a Motorola G8Plus that is only 5 months old. I understand that screens are not covered under warranty...I am not trying to use any kind of warranty. I just want to find out how much it would cost for a repair so I know if it would be better to just buy a new phone....and I can't get anyone at Motorola customer support to help me. I am just trying to find out how much out of pocket it would cost to replace the screen on this phone.

What is sad, is that I love this phone and until the horrible phone call I just had with their terrible customer service agent, I was willing to just buy another one, but now I am thinking that customer service says a lot about a company and I am not sure that I want to support a company that is not even willing to help their loyal customers (this is the third phone and 4th product of theirs that I have owned).

The local phone repair place can't get the screen for this phone because it is too new, so they said to call Motorola. All I was asking for was information...and they couldn't be bothered to even give me that.

Very disappointed Motorola...I always supported you as an option outside of Samsung and IPhone when it came to phones because I think that the market needs more than just two competitors but now I am thinking that perhaps there is a reason why you are so far behind the two big leaders.

I'm sorry your display has broken. If you're in the US and have a G8 Plus, it's going to be very difficult to help. The Moto G8 Plus is not sold officially sold in the US. This is likely why our call center agents were unable to assist and your local repair center did not have parts. Unfortunately, our partner ifixit does not have parts available yet for the G8 Plus. I apologize for the issue, but because the phone was bought from out of region we really won't be able to assist much. This is one of the main reasons we don't recommend purchasing from other regions for use in the US. Parts available will be limited to not available for repair.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete