Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g8 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-02-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 6

Music Distortion

2021-03-02, 14:57 PM

In recent weeks when I have been playing music on my G8 Plus for a while, say 30min, the sound starts to distort and break up, to a point where I stop listening.

This happens with music saved on SD card or being streamed via wifi. It happens with several different sets of headphones, and occurs with both wired and Bluetooth connections. When using the same music source and the same headphones with my old HTC phone I have no such problems.

I could not find this as an issue on this forum, so ask if it is a known problem, and what solution there might be. 

Options

13097 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1257 Signins

170830 Page Views

• Views: 170830
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Music Distortion

2021-03-02, 15:18 PM

Hi Rob_875

I'd like to confirm, does it also happen on speaker phone? Does the sound only break at certain volume level? Does it help by unplugging/replugging or disconnecting/reconnecting? Also, try at least booting your phone in safe mode and see if you can duplicate this behavior. Please let me know. Thanks.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Turn off airplane mode.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

03-02-2021

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-03-03, 11:03 AM

The sound breaks even at low volume levels. I haven't tried the the speakers yet. 

I booted in safe mode and listened to music via You Tube for about an hour without any distortion (there's not many options for listening to music in safe mode). 

I will try removing various apps to see if I can find something that might be causing the issue.

Rob 

Options

13097 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1257 Signins

170830 Page Views

• Views: 170830
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-03-03, 14:30 PM

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I would suggest uninstalling third-party apps you recently installed or updated before you had this issue. Please keep me updated. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

03-02-2021

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-03-06, 13:20 PM

Removing the "Bass EQ / Equalizer & Bass Booster" app by Coocent seems to have solved the issue. 

Rob

Options

2449 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1132 Signins

47050 Page Views

• Views: 47050
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-03-08, 6:37 AM

@ Rob_875 wrote:

Removing the "Bass EQ / Equalizer & Bass Booster" app by Coocent seems to have solved the issue. 

Rob

Hi, 

Thank you for writing us back, glad to know that solved the issue. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions/concerns.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms