Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g8 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-13-2021

Finland

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Turning off flash notifications on G8 Plus!

2021-10-13, 14:59 PM

How can I turn stop flashlight from flashing for incoming calls? The phone asked me, I think it was when I first time turned it on, whether or not I wanted the flashing, but I changed my mind after realizing how bright it was. Searched the net and the advice was to go to settings, accessibility and then hearing to turn the function off, but this does not work, because there is no hearing section in accessibility at least after updating to Android 10 and choosing Finnish as language. 

Is it so that you cant change this choice any more once and only possibility is return the factory settings and starting all over again? Is it possible to change the language with out returning factory settings?

Thank You!

Options

5309 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

654 Signins

55182 Page Views

• Views: 55182
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Turning off flash notifications on G8 Plus!

2021-10-13, 16:52 PM

Hi @ Menevämies,

I understand you want to turn this off. We'll try our best to help. LED flashing when there's a call is never a feature on our phones. This may be caused by a third-party app.

To confirm if this is caused by a third-party app, can you please try to put your phone into Safe mode and see if the flashlight still flashes when there's a call?

If it doesn't flash while on Safe mode, try to uninstall the last app you installed on this phone to figure out which one has this feature.

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

2 Posts

10-13-2021

Finland

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Turning off flash notifications on G8 Plus!

2021-10-13, 19:03 PM

It was a third-party app, an app for missed calls! I had set beeping to start a couple minutes after a call, but there was also a flashlight feature, which I had not noticed. Thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms