US

10 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 64

Notifications problem

2020-09-29, 1:50 AM

Hello everyone,

My notifications only appear in status bar when the app is listed in recent list. How can I solve this?

Solved! See the solution
Options

2853 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

378 Signins

26500 Page Views

• Views: 26500
  • Message 2 of 64

Re:Notifications problem

2020-09-29, 10:24 AM

@ anabeatrizzz wrote:

Hello everyone,

My notifications only appear in status bar when the app is listed in recent list. How can I solve this?

Hi,

Thanks for writing and letting us know. May I know does it happen with all the apps on the phone? When did it start? Kindly let me know for further assistance.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

07-28-2020

US

10 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 3 of 64

2020-09-29, 17:25 PM

Yes, for all apps. It started happening this month. I even changed the settings in "battery optimization" option so as not to optimize the applications I want to receive notifications (whatsapp, LinkedIn, Microsoft Teams, etc.). I disabled the option of not disturbing too. But these not seem to work

Options

8 Posts

07-28-2020

US

10 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 4 of 64

2020-09-29, 19:26 PM

Today I did a test: I sent a message to myself from my mother's cell phone.

• When WhatsApp was listed in recent apps, two ticks appeared in WhatsApp message and a notification appeared in notification bar.
  • When WhatsApp wasn't listed in recent apps, just a tick appeared in WhatsApp message and a notification didn't appear in notification bar.
Options

2 Posts

09-29-2020

BR

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 5 of 64

2020-09-29, 20:43 PM

My "moto g8 power lite" was the same after upgrading to Android 10. I've done everything I found on the internet and it only notifies if the app has been used recently or at the time I use it. Does anyone have the solution? Thx!

Apps.: Instagram, whatsapp and telegram

Zilton
Options

7 Posts

09-30-2020

BR

9 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 6 of 64

2020-09-30, 15:00 PM

The problem is with the update to Android 10. My device happens the same thing, I did several procedures until the factory reset, the problem persists ... We will probably have to wait for a correction patch. Maybe Motorola still doesn't have the dimension of the problem, but just look at websites, specialized forums that there are thousands of people complaining about the same problem ... In the case of Moto g8 Power lite the problem is in the notifications and the LED notification light that does not light up since the update. awaiting resolution of the problem. Ps Sorry my english...

Options

2853 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

378 Signins

26500 Page Views

• Views: 26500
  • Message 7 of 64

2020-10-01, 10:24 AM

@ anabeatrizzz wrote:

Yes, for all apps. It started happening this month. I even changed the settings in "battery optimization" option so as not to optimize the applications I want to receive notifications (whatsapp, LinkedIn, Microsoft Teams, etc.). I disabled the option of not disturbing too. But these not seem to work

Hi anabeatrizzz, @Zilton & @Paulovcf 

I really appreciate you guys for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience. We would like to investigate this further. Please generate a Bug Report when the notifications don't show up.

Here are the steps:

1.  Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press the Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time. 

Also, please update your profile with the current phone, carrier, and the IMEI number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

10-11-2020

VE

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 8 of 64

I have not received notifications since I update android 10

2020-10-11, 19:41 PM

Greetings, sorry for my English, I speak Spanish I write from Valencia Venezuela. I have a moto g8 Lite, I got the update of android 10 and I do not receive the messages from whatsapp or from facebook if the cell phone is at rest. They all arrive together when I unlock the cell phone with the fingerprint or pattern or the pin. With android 9 all the notifications arrived. I must keep the apps open or recent to be able to see the messages. Greetings

Options

1 Posts

10-11-2020

RO

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 9 of 64

Re:I have not received notifications since I update android 10

2020-10-11, 21:17 PM

yup same issue with mine + wifi disconnecting over and over

Hope they will fix this problems asap....

Options

446 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

212 Signins

4740 Page Views

• Views: 4740
  • Message 10 of 64

Re:I have not received notifications since I update android 10

2020-10-11, 21:50 PM

Maybe you need to turn off battery optimisation for the apps for which you want to use background battery.

That is new in Android 10 and maybe not too obvious. 

I have my important apps set to Don't optimise so notifications are always coming through.
My trivial apps are set as default to Optimise so they do not always use background battery.

Sounds complicated but try it and see.

Settings/Apps & notifications/Special app access/Battery optimisation.

Allow the list to appear and change the heading from Not optimised to All apps.
Allow all apps to appear, long list of everything including system apps.

Find the app you want to always use background battery and change to Don't optimise.

If that doesn't work for you, go back and change to Optimise as your battery life might take a hit.

If that does work for you, check your battery app use (Settings/Battery/Usage Details/Show full device usage (3 vertical dots).

# I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. #
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete