Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g8 power lite
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

05-03-2015

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 1 of 5

Strange bugs

2021-07-21, 8:38 AM

Hi all,

I have been having trouble with my G8 power lite for another reason listed on the forum, however I'm now having different issues....

1-ive told the phone that I don't want to be notified of available wireless networks as my home one is fine....so when I'm out and about on Mobile data I'm constantly being told of wireless networks in my area....very annoying

2. My key tones have magically returned even tho they have been turned off in settings...

3- my phones call ring/notification randomly resets itself back to MOTO .....

I don't know what to do...I've tried resetting all apps to default settings...although I'd rather not do a factory reset as am worried about loosing log in credentials..

Any ideas....it's driving me mad?

Update ok, android 10

Thanks

Options

1990 Posts

11-24-2020

India

209 Signins

22015 Page Views

• Views: 22015
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Strange bugs

2021-07-22, 6:57 AM

Hi Glowstone

Thanks for writing to us. Sorry to know about this. I will try my best to help you with this. I would suggest you follow the below instructions and let me know how it goes. 

1. I would suggest you go to settings>>Tap on Network and Internet>>Tap on Wi-Fi>>Wi-Fi Preferences>>Turn off all the options and check. 
  2. Goto Settings>>Sound>>Turn off the Dial pad tones and Touch sounds. Restart the phone after this and let me know how it goes. 
  3. How often does it happen? When did you start facing this? So I can check and assist you further. 

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

12 Posts

05-03-2015

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-07-22, 20:13 PM

Hi,

Many thanks....the guidance you give diddnt work...

The keyboard sounds are still there and very loud even when all volume turned down...

I haven't noticed the WiFi notification as much however it has arisen from time to time...

All the issues I've had have been since updating last ( phone update when bought approx 2 months ago)

Thank you

Options

12 Posts

05-03-2015

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2021-07-22, 21:52 PM

Keyboard noises sorted ok...

GBoard was to blame.... re-installed...that part is good

Options

1990 Posts

11-24-2020

India

209 Signins

22015 Page Views

• Views: 22015
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-07-23, 5:29 AM

Hi Glowstone

Great! I’m glad to know that the keyboard tone concern has been sorted out. For the Wi-Fi notification, please follow the above-shared settings and let me know if you are still facing the same. So I can check and assist you further.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms