07-13-2015

US

33 Signins

317 Page Views

• Views: 317
  • Message 1 of 23

Calls dropping

2020-05-19, 16:57 PM

Hi, the longer I have this phone and learn how to resolve issues, the more I like it. 

However, my calls are dropping. They rarely last more than a minute.

I have two google voice numbers, one for personal and one for business.

I use them because my wonderfully affordable carrier, Mint Mobile (Discount T-Mobile), does not provide visual voicemail, making incoming voicemails hard to access. 

However, for convenience, I almost always call out from my carrier phone number.

Each time I make a call, I have it set up to give me a choice as to which carrier to call out from whether it be Mint T-Mobile or Google Voice.

I have to return this phone by a month after the purchase date of 4/26/20. It needs to be received by 5/25/20, so I'm very much hoping I can quickly resolve this issue just like all the other issues were resolved. 

Thanks so much for all your help.

Solved! See the solution
Options

1974 Posts

03-11-2019

US

590 Signins

42140 Page Views

• Views: 42140
  • Message 2 of 23

Re:Calls dropping

2020-05-21, 14:44 PM

Hi meadowlark1,

Thanks for posting. May I know if this happens on  incoming or outgoing call? How often does this happen? Is the calls are Standard, VoLTE or Wi-Fi calling?

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

42 Posts

07-13-2015

US

33 Signins

317 Page Views

• Message 3 of 23

2020-05-21, 19:43 PM

Hi, 

Given my experience since I posted my concern, it seems the problem may have been a combination of the bank that I was trying over and over again to get through to may have had an automatic switch-off after a certain number of rings probably to avoid disturbance in the bank during a time they are not able to answer the phone due to a high number of calls. 

Since that wasn't the only time the calls dropped, another issue was probably (since it seems not to be happening now) related to not getting out of the phone app without stopping the call and locking the screen. Accidental interference from other applications may have cut the call short.

It seems this phone is incredibly sensitive. It seems to react when my finger hovers above the screen. It seems it doesn't even need to touch the screen to affect the phone. 

I experienced the phone switching to another page all on its own without me actually touching the screen. I think that my finger hovering finger may have been the culprit.

Options

1974 Posts

03-11-2019

US

590 Signins

42140 Page Views

• Message 4 of 23

2020-05-22, 15:25 PM

Hi meadowlark1,

That's not normal for the phone to react without even touching it. Are you using a screen protector on the phone?

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

42 Posts

07-13-2015

US

33 Signins

317 Page Views

• Message 5 of 23

2020-05-25, 16:22 PM

Yes, thank you. I am using a cheap, non-glass screen protector, but that is only recently. The problem was happening before I got that as well. I do notice that without even touching my phone, a movie I'm watching will occasionally skip to another in the lineup on YouTube. It will also almost regularly hang for often long periods of time while watching videos of all kinds. I notice since I got this phone that WiFi is less stable. That may of course be related to my internet provider or carrier, but I did not experience that on my previous Moto G5+ phone. I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing my phone to skip around to functions I didn't initiate with any awareness of it at least. Again, I don't remember this happening with the previous Moto G5+.

Options

1974 Posts

03-11-2019

US

590 Signins

42140 Page Views

• Message 6 of 23

2020-05-26, 15:57 PM

Hi meadowlark1,

We suggest to remove the screen protector and check if it has ghost touches. We also suggest booting the phone in safe mode. 

To Enable Safe Mode:
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

42 Posts

07-13-2015

US

33 Signins

317 Page Views

• Message 7 of 23

2020-06-01, 14:40 PM

see next post. 

I don't know why this post posted in bold. 

I'm not angry. :-(

Options

42 Posts

07-13-2015

US

33 Signins

317 Page Views

• Message 8 of 23

2020-06-01, 14:44 PM

I'm afraid to remove the screen protector because it took forever to get it on right, and it's the only one I have. Also, I'm 100% certain it happened before I installed the screen protector. In fact I was hoping the screen protector would help the problem. I'll probably be ordering another soon though, but I dread putting those things on. This one has one minuscule bubble after working at it for a long time. I'm afraid of being unable to duplicate that success.

As most of my issues, they seem more mild once someone offers help! :-/

Here are three glitches that happened during the last 30 or so hours that I made a note of. These are the only things that happened within that time period, so keeping my phone in safe mode for full days and wondering if the expected lack of glitch is because I didn't have it in safemode long enough or if it was working seems more trouble than putting up with the occasional glitch for now.

1. Video skipped ahead when I press the volume button. I went to turn the volume down. I may have hit the button inaccurately, and the video skipped to the next one. This has happened more than once.

2. I pressed on some text to copy it, but instead of the text highlighting, the notification curtain panel drops down over my screen.

3. Just now on a Zoom video call, I got kicked off due apparently to wifi dropping off. It was for less than a minute before it kicked back on, but that's another version of the call drops. If it's possible to make calls in safemode, it might stabilize my calls, and that might be worth trying.

Options

10536 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1113 Signins

150273 Page Views

• Views: 150273
  • Message 9 of 23

2020-06-01, 19:01 PM

Hi meadowlark1,

We would like to request the following from you so we can better assist you. 

1. Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. See here for the instruction.

2. Can you please send a video showing touchscreen's behavior when you hover your hands over the top part of the screen? I'd like to share it with my teams.

3. When you encounter the calls dropping again, can you please generate a bug report?

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

To capture Bug Report:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

I know that's a lot but we can help you further with those things we're asking. We'll appreciate any of your input. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support 

Options

42 Posts

07-13-2015

US

33 Signins

317 Page Views

• Message 10 of 23

2020-06-02, 5:34 AM

I updated my profile as requested. 

The weird things happening as I hover my finger over the screen - well, I haven't experienced that recently other than the 3 or so glitches that I shared. 

It seems since I have just one phone, the only way to take a video of me hovering my hand over the screen would be to be in the camera app as it watches me. 

I'm not experienced with the camera at all, but if that's what you mean, I'll give it my best shot and you can adjust your request as needed.

I'll need to wait for another dropped call to generate a bug report.

You say:

Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well,

Both the Help Improve Motorola Products and Enhanced Device Support are turned on. Yes, you may look at my apps. Thanks for asking.

Also, there are notations requesting to give kudos by pressing on a star that is supposed to be on the left. Is that an outdated notation request or am I blind as a bat? I see no star on the left.

I see an upturned thumb to press for a kudo. :-)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete