Options

2 Posts

07-19-2020

US

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto G8 Power (2020) Can not connect for cellular data at LTE/4G, but can get 3G

2020-07-19, 21:44 PM

Howdy Folks,

I activated a brand new Moto G8 Power (purchased unlocked from Best Buy) on the Tello (Sprint Network) service yesterday. I used the Sim Card purchased from Tello.

Voice calls work, outgoing and incoming

text messages work, both directions

Wi-Fi works both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

When I set the preferred network type to LTE, the text next to the Signal Strength indicator triangle at the top of the phone greys out and I have no Internet.

When I set the type to 3G, it shows 3G in bold next to the triangle indicator.

A roommate has a Moto G7 Play phone also on Tello and he has zero problems with LTE data connection. He did have to do a Profile and PRL update when he switched service to Tello.

I have tried the following to remedy the problem of NO LTE...

hard reset - factory data reset

Update Profile

Update PRL

##72786# carrier wipe

rebooting numerous times

star#star#3282#star#star        <star = asterisk, text input won't allow me to type an asterisk> 

This last brings up a hidden list of many settings.... compared to my roommates Moto G7, they look about the same. The LTE screen says that LTE is active.

Phone is Andorid version 10. Build Number QPMS30.80-51-3

The Internet does work on 3G but speed tests shows it's almost half as fast as my roommate's LTE test results.

Thanks for any help. I'll be glad to answer any questions and provide further info as needed. 

Options

2 Posts

07-19-2020

US

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Moto G8 Power (2020) Can not connect for cellular data at LTE/4G, but can get 3G

2020-07-19, 23:04 PM

Additional info for my problem.

Attached are two screen shots from the Moto G8 Power. 

The one is the LTE-Available list (whatever that is) that shows only one entry. My roommate's LTE-Available list shows approximately 40 entries.  Note that the SID, NID, and BSID all show very large numbers compared to the 5 digit SID, 3 digit NID, and 5 digit BSID that the Moto G7 Play of my roommates LTE-Available list. 

The other screen shot is more info on the phone's software versions.

Thanks.

Options

1982 Posts

03-11-2019

US

591 Signins

42190 Page Views

• Views: 42190
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Moto G8 Power (2020) Can not connect for cellular data at LTE/4G, but can get 3G

2020-07-21, 14:09 PM

Hi Myrlin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you verify if your phone is the Moto G Power (US & Canada) or the Moto G8 Power. I would suggest checking this post right here if you have similar concern with other users. 

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. 

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete