Options

1 Posts

07-20-2020

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Phone starts ringing when I connect to USB charging port of my SurfaceBook power supply

2020-07-20, 15:14 PM

Hi,

I've just upgraded from a G3 to G8 Power. 

I used to charge my G3 sometimes using the auxiliary USB port of my laptop charger (Surface Book 2). This port is 5V 1.5A USB 2.0.

I just tried connecting my G8 Power in the same way and it started ringing and notified "Charging Rapidly". I couldn't get it to stop so disconnected it.

Is it OK to use this charger? Is "Charging Rapidly" a bad thing? Or just a notification/ringing that I couldn't turn off for some reason?

Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Views: 41795
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Phone starts ringing when I connect to USB charging port of my SurfaceBook power supply

2020-07-21, 15:56 PM

Hi Jonojono,

Thanks for posting. The phone is supposed to vibrate and notify you that the phone is charging when plugged to a power source however this only rings once. Have you tried using a different USB cable or a different USB port?

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

07-20-2020

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Phone starts ringing when I connect to USB charging port of my SurfaceBook power supply

2020-07-30, 11:45 AM

Hi Zeke,

I only have this problem using the charging method described (which only has one port).

Using any other USB source my phone charges normally.

Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Views: 41795
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-07-30, 14:06 PM

Hi Jonojono,

Charging rapidly is fine. However, it looks sounds like the charger is not maintaining the constant quick charge which is why you keep getting the notification. I personally wouldn't recommend it and would recommend using the supplied charger that came with the phone. Please let me know if you have a question or clarification.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete