06-10-2020

GB

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 17

Terrible audio quality while in voice calls

2020-06-10, 18:44 PM
I have just upgraded my G6 to a G8 power mainly because of an audio issue that was causing me problems on the G6. Unfortunately the exact same problem is present on the g8. During voice calls (WhatsApp, discord) the quality of both the call audio and any other audio like music and videos is awful. If I have the volume low I can only hear louder noises, whispers and quieter sounds in music are muffled/inaudible. If the volume is turned up I can hear everything but it has to be at an uncomfortable level and the quality of the sound is noticeably bad. As soon as the call is over the sound goes back to perfect quality. The same problem is present on the moto G6 and G8 power but not on my old G3 so it seems to be a problem with newer software? Turning Dolby audio off or even fully disabling it just makes the audio quieter but still the same bad quality. The first thing I did upon setting up my phone was install discord and try joining a call and the issue was present which rules out a conflict between installed apps. There are certain situations when I will receive a call on WhatsApp and the audio will be perfect for a minute but then it will at some point go back to its usual garbage quality. I have tested with multiple different earphones and used the speaker all having the same problem. To most people this wouldn't be too big of an issue but in my current situation I need to be in calls a lot on my phone meaning my general audio quality is in this terrible state most of the time. Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Options

3 Posts

06-10-2020

GB

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 2 of 17

Re:Terrible audio quality while in voice calls

2020-06-10, 23:54 PM
Apologies for the lack of paragraphs there. Upon further testing I can seemingly get the audio quality to be perfect by calling my voicemail and putting the call on hold while still in a VoIP call. This doesn't always work but when it does the audio is fine until I hang up the voicemail call. Hopefully this can help in finding a solution.
Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Views: 41795
  • Message 3 of 17

2020-06-12, 15:49 PM

Hi Johnma,

Thanks for reaching us out. We suggest doing a factory data reset on the phone and do not restore anything on the phone. Test the audio quality of playing music and video during calls and let us know if it helps. Some of your concerns might still be present after the reset but still let us know so we can further assist you. For terrible audio quality during Whatsapp, we are aware of this and we are having improvements on future updates. 

Here is the link on how to perform a factory data reset: https://support.motorola.com/uk/en/Solution/MS148092

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

06-10-2020

GB

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 4 of 17

2020-06-14, 0:12 AM
Hey thanks for getting back to me. The first thing I did upon getting my phone out of the box was test the audio while in a discord call with nothing else installed. Wouldn't this be the same result as if I did a factory reset? As for the known issue of WhatsApp calls I'd imagine that's the same problem affecting every other VoIP app I try so that's very good to hear that it's being worked on. Is there any rough timeline on how that's progressing? Thanks
Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Message 5 of 17

2020-06-16, 16:55 PM

Hi Johnma,

We Don't have timing on the whatsapp fix, but it should be coming in a future update. As for Discord. This is not one we're aware of. Can you possibly record a video showing the issue and capture a bug report when you encounter it? You will need to have access to the developer options to generate a bug report.

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

BUG REPORT FOR NORMAL ISSUE:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

06-10-2020

GB

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 6 of 17

2020-06-17, 8:06 AM
Hi just to clarify its not solely a discord problem, the exact same thing happens with every single VoIP app I've tried (WhatsApp, discord, Skype, Viber, Google hangouts etc) as soon as I join a call/server in any of those the audio quality takes a dive. This exact same thing happens on both my G6 and G8 power. I will make a video and bug report asap and send them to you.
Options

4 Posts

07-11-2020

BR

4 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 7 of 17

When I'm on a voice call, all the media audio on the phone gets bad!!!

2020-07-11, 16:53 PM

Hi, I recently bought the moto g8 power and it has a feature that bothers me a lot ... When I'm on a voice call (facebook, google meet, etc ...) and I'm going to watch a movie, listen to an audio or any format media with sounds it leaves the quality very bad. In movies it makes the voice sound louder and the ambient sound is very bad. how to disable the priority that the call has?

Options

4 Posts

07-11-2020

BR

4 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 8 of 17

2020-07-12, 16:36 PM
They resolve the problem ??
Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Message 9 of 17

2020-07-14, 12:58 PM

Hi juiceb0x,

Thanks for reaching out with your concern. We haven't yet received a bug report for this concern. Are you able to provide us a bug report? 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

1 Posts

07-14-2020

BR

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 10 of 17

Bad audio quality while on calls

2020-07-14, 16:48 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Motorola community and the G Power is my first Motorola phone, so far I'm enjoying it a lot!

But there's a small problem, everytime I'm a phone call (even when I use the microphone in a game like Free Fire or COD: Mobile), all other sounds become horrible to hear. The call quality is excellent, but every other sound is baaad. This happens in VOIP calls and normal calls, too. I tested using the default phone app, Discord, WhatsApp calls, even Telegram calls, and I have the same problem.

I did everything trying to fix this, formatting my phone, booting into safe mode and even asking for another phone because I thought it was a hardware problem, but apparently not.

Does anyone have a solution to this? It's basically impssible to game or watch anything while in a call :/

Thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete