01-23-2020

US

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 10

Top speaker constantly not working

2020-08-04, 19:30 PM

I've using the g8 power (UK version) for nearly 2 months, at first everything works fine but recently the top speaker just constantly not working, I can take phone call and the sounds good, but when playing any media the sound become mono and only goes to the bottom speaker. I'm sure this is a software issue because speaker goes back to normal after I reboot. 

This is annoying cuz now I'm forced to reboot my device every 2~3 days to solve the speaker issue, please fix this

Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Views: 41795
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Top speaker constantly not working

2020-08-05, 14:36 PM

Hi Chakyu,

I will be happy to assist you with this. Please try to boot your phone in safe mode and monitor if the top speaker would fail to work. 

To reboot in safe mode:

1. Press & hold the Power button.
  2. Touch & hold Power off.
  3. Touch OK to restart in safe mode.
  4. When it restarts, you'll see Safe mode across the bottom of the home screen and widgets will be disabled.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

01-23-2020

US

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2020-08-06, 12:37 PM

As I said the top speaker works fine after reboot, it stop playing media after random hours and can only be solved by reboot, I cannot trouble shot this along and I already submitted log through feedback system, please fix this problem

Options

2558 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2987 Signins

56051 Page Views

• Views: 56051
  • Message 4 of 10

2020-08-06, 14:16 PM

@ Chakyu wrote:

As I said the top speaker works fine after reboot, it stop playing media after random hours and can only be solved by reboot, I cannot trouble shot this along and I already submitted log through feedback system, please fix this problem

While I agree it sounds like software, I'm not so sure it's a stock software issue yet. I would have to suggest testing in safe mode for an extended period of time to see if the issue happens in safe mode. Otherwise, the other thing you can check is your accessibility settings. There is a section for Audio & On-screen text which has a toggle for Mono audio as well as the Audio balance. When your phone goes to Mono can you check these settings to see if they somehow got toggled on or the balance has been adjusted to one side or the other?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

01-23-2020

US

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2020-08-06, 21:57 PM

Thanks for your reply, I've check the accessibility settings (under top speaker not working status) , the mono tag is off and the slider is in the middle, it didn't goes to either side, also in the Tech Spurt review 2:50 he also mentioned this problem, 

Options

2558 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2987 Signins

56051 Page Views

• Views: 56051
  • Message 6 of 10

2020-08-07, 13:32 PM

@ Chakyu wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I've check the accessibility settings (under top speaker not working status) , the mono tag is off and the slider is in the middle, it didn't goes to either side, also in the Tech Spurt review 2:50 he also mentioned this problem, 

Thanks for the update and for sharing the video. I'd like to get a bug report when you encounter this issue (Steps below).

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Options

1 Posts

08-26-2020

AF

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 7 of 10

2020-08-26, 7:56 AM

Hi,

I am also experiencing this bug.

When I make a call, afterwards the sound only comes out the bottom speaker in a weird tinny fashion. This has been happening today after I did a test phone call on Snapchat, and I have confirmed it also also occurs when I call someone.

I have checked the accessibility settings as suggested above and then run the bug report as I can confirm right now my phone sound isn't working. If I restart my phone, the sound will return to normal until I next call someone.

This link should be to the big report.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R2S254sqaeOKi-E-_PvWaWgj4eeur-eZ/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks in advance!

Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2020-08-26, 15:16 PM

Hi charastle,

Thanks for providing us the bug report. We'll have this forwarded to our team. We'll post back once there is an update on this.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

1 Posts

09-06-2020

NL

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 9 of 10

2020-09-06, 8:17 AM

Same problem here, no top speaker after a certain time without reboot. The other speaker sounds really tinny/underwater when it happens. The problem is gone for a second when I pause a song and resume, but then it returns back to 'normal'..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OpoYURC9sgrlYUOiu65Y8ocsOS-fScdL/view?usp=drivesdk

Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2020-09-08, 13:28 PM

Hi Samoth,

Thank you for providing us the bug report. I have already sent it to our team for investigation. We'll post on this thread once we have information that we can share.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete