Options

0 Posts

08-04-2020

BE

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

moto 8 power doesn't find bluetooth devices (watch, speaker)

2020-08-04, 16:24 PM

Hi,

Brandnew G8 Power; Fully updated with last updates; all apps installed. Trying to pair it up with

1. my bluetooth speaker: a JBL Xtreme 2: switch on the speaker, press the button for bluetooth pairing (both power and bluetooth buttons lighting up white, meaning the speaker is on and discoverable); on the phone, open settings, select "connected devices bluetooth", tap "+ pair new device": the phone finds all sorts of devices, such as my laptop, my wife's smart watch, devices presumably at the neighbour's. It does not find the speaker

2. my smar**bleep**ch: the phone is replacing an LG G3. This latter came with a Gwatch. I know, it's old. Yet it still does the trick. On the watch: select settings, bluetooth, etc. till eventually "find nearby devices". Same same: the phone will not see the smar**bleep**ch. (The watch sees the laptop alright, so the watch functions, incl. bluetooth.)

Tried switching off/on all devices multiple times, switching off/on bluetooth etc. to no avail.

The moto G8 paired alright with the old LG G3, as well as with the laptop. The smar**bleep**ch is paired alright with the LG G3 and will even identify the laptop as possible pairing device. The old LG G3 as well as my wife's Samnsung phone are paired ok with the speaker. Seems the caveat is with the Moto G8, even if the moto G8's bluetooth radio hardware seems to work.

I struggled yesterday evening and a major portion of today trying to copy files from my laptop to the phone over USB. Eventually it works, though I have no clue why it failed hours in a row, and finally this morning it worked, just trying to show a friend it did not.

Pretty disappointed by this thing so far!!! Spending many many hours getting something to work that is supposedly taking 3 taps on the screen ... Really :-(

Please advise: what am I missing? How to get the phone into pairing with both devices!! 

Thanks!

Peter

Options

1896 Posts

03-11-2019

US

588 Signins

41795 Page Views

• Views: 41795
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:moto 8 power doesn't find bluetooth devices (watch, speaker)

2020-08-06, 14:50 PM

Hi PeterAB,

I will be happy to assist you with this. For the Android Wear (GWatch). You have to fully disconnect/reset the watch and go through the setup again to pair a new phone. You will have to ensure you have Android Wear installed on your phone as well to go through the setup on the watch.  For the speaker the power button should not be a solid light when trying to pair. It should be flashing. Turn on the speaker like normal and tap on the Bluetooth button on the speaker. The power button should start flashing which means the speaker is in pairing mode. At that point go to your blue tooth settings on the phone and see if you can see the speaker and start the pairing/connection process.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete