Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g9 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

11-10-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 21

Can't make/receive calls and repair taking weeks

2020-11-10, 8:58 AM

I bought my G9 plus on 17th September and soon realised that I couldn't make or receive calls at home, even though I had a full 4g signal. Fine in other areas, seems to only happen when connected to certain signal masts. Returned it for repair over 4 weeks ago and so far have had no information about the problem, or how long it will take to repair and I'm fobbed off every time I ask. I've now asked for a refund and once again fobbed off with an email saying they will escalate the problem and to wait at least 2 days for a response. Utterly fed up with this now. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Thanks, 

Emma

Options

6735 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3408 Signins

85526 Page Views

• Views: 85526
  • Message 2 of 21

Re:Can't make/receive calls and repair taking weeks

2020-11-10, 15:45 PM

@ Eboyd wrote:

I bought my G9 plus on 17th September and soon realised that I couldn't make or receive calls at home, even though I had a full 4g signal. Fine in other areas, seems to only happen when connected to certain signal masts. Returned it for repair over 4 weeks ago and so far have had no information about the problem, or how long it will take to repair and I'm fobbed off every time I ask. I've now asked for a refund and once again fobbed off with an email saying they will escalate the problem and to wait at least 2 days for a response. Utterly fed up with this now. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Thanks, 

Emma

Hi Emma, First, I truly apologize for the experience you're having with the phone and the repair process. If you can provide me any ticket or case number, I will see what I can do from my end to help escalate. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

11-10-2020

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 21

2020-11-15, 22:19 PM

My customer ref no. is 201009-005107

It's been weeks now and I have no phone and no word of when it'll be repaired. Would appreciate if you could try and find out the status. 

Thanks, 

Emma

Options

6735 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3408 Signins

85526 Page Views

• Message 4 of 21

2020-11-16, 19:59 PM

@ Eboyd wrote:

My customer ref no. is 201009-005107

It's been weeks now and I have no phone and no word of when it'll be repaired. Would appreciate if you could try and find out the status. 

Thanks, 

Emma

Hi Emma, again, I apologize for the issues you're having with getting your phone repaired. Let me see what I can find out or who I can have help look into this for you. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

51 Posts

02-07-2020

100 Signins

1026 Page Views

• Views: 1026
  • Message 5 of 21

2020-11-17, 8:58 AM

Hi @Eboyd,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have checked your case, and I can see that our repair centre is currently waiting for the parts needed to repair your device. However, I will raise the priority of your case with our management team so that they can chase this up for you.

As soon as we have any updates on your case, we will inform you immediately. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience in this matter.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

- Marta

Options

4 Posts

11-10-2020

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 6 of 21

2020-11-17, 12:42 PM

Thanks, I appreciate you getting back to me. With it being a brand new phone I'm struggling to understand how it could need new parts, but whatever. Its been 5 weeks now - if I don't hear back in the next 7 days I'll be doing a chargeback on my credit card. 

Thanks, 

Emma

Options

4 Posts

11-10-2020

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 7 of 21

2020-11-29, 0:01 AM

This is beyond ridiculous now. How many months am I expected to wait for this repair to be done? I've paid £260 for a brand new phone that didn't work, nobody can tell me where it is or when it will be repaired, its not showing up on the repairs website and all I'm told is to just wait patiently.

I just want a refund now. How do I get this? 

Options

6735 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3408 Signins

85526 Page Views

• Message 8 of 21

2020-11-30, 22:51 PM

@ Eboyd wrote:

This is beyond ridiculous now. How many months am I expected to wait for this repair to be done? I' paid £260 for a brand new phone that didn' work, nobody can tell me where it is or when it will be repaired, its not showing up on the repairs website and all I' told is to just wait patiently.

Let me see what I can do for you. I'm a bit limited with being in the US, but let me see who I can get to help form your region. I'll do my best.

-Tom

Options

51 Posts

02-07-2020

100 Signins

1026 Page Views

• Views: 1026
  • Message 9 of 21

2020-12-01, 8:44 AM

@ Eboyd wrote:

This is beyond ridiculous now. How many months am I expected to wait for this repair to be done? I' paid £260 for a brand new phone that didn' work, nobody can tell me where it is or when it will be repaired, its not showing up on the repairs website and all I' told is to just wait patiently.

Hi there!

I have contacted the relevant team regarding your case. They have requested to cancel the repair and issue a refund on your behalf.

We will email you with further information regarding this as soon as we have any updates on the request.

I am sorry for the inconveniences caused.

Thanks,

- Marta

Options

7 Posts

01-26-2021

Italy

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 10 of 21

2021-01-26, 17:03 PM

Hello, in my case in Italy sometimes I can't receive calls, at the moment at home and in the office, not in other places. I can always call, but it often takes a while to get the line. Since also in my case it's a brand new Moto G9 plus (1 month), do you suggest to ask for a new one?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms