Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g9 play/moto g9
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

India

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 8

Flashlight not working properly.

2021-07-21, 3:50 AM

Hello , I received the Android 11 update on my Moto g9 on 12 July. But after receiving the update my flashlight stopped working. Even when I open the camera, then it also not working. Please fix the problem as soon as possible. Thank you 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Options

1972 Posts

11-24-2020

India

205 Signins

21800 Page Views

• Views: 21800
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Flashlight not working properly.

2021-07-21, 7:25 AM

@ Cpt.Cyrus wrote:

Hello , I received the Android 11 update on my Moto g9 on 12 July. But after receiving the update my flashlight stopped working. Even when I open the camera, then it also not working. Please fix the problem as soon as possible. Thank you 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Hi, 

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to know about this. I will try my best to help you with this. I would suggest you try doing a hardware test on the Flashlight by going Device help application in menu>>Fix>> Hardware Test>>Flash Light>> 'BEGIN TEST' and check is it working or not. If it is working here please restart the phone and check, there is no issue with the Flashlight. 

Let me know how it goes after performing the above instructions. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

India

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-07-21, 10:00 AM

Thank you ma'am for your response. Ma'am I have tested the flashlight in the device help as per your instructions. When I click in the flash icon ,there is a little spark of light for 1 second (maximum), after that it is off. Still not able to fix the problem. It is not working.😞😞

Options

1972 Posts

11-24-2020

India

205 Signins

21800 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-07-22, 7:41 AM

@ Cpt.Cyrus wrote:

Thank you ma'am for your response. Ma'am I have tested the flashlight in the device help as per your instructions. When I click in the flash icon ,there is a little spark of light for 1 second (maximum), after that it is off. Still not able to fix the problem. It is not working.😞😞

Hi 

Thank you for trying! Since you started facing the problem after an update, I would suggest you try doing the factory data reset by taking all data backup, as it helps to start the device afresh and that could solve your concern. Please go through the link here for reset instructions and click here for backup instructions. 

Let me know how it goes after performing factory data reset. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

India

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-07-22, 17:45 PM

Thank you Ma'am. Ma'am I have done the factory reset option,but still I am not able on the flashlight. I am unable to click picture at night due to the absence of the flashlight. 

Options

1972 Posts

11-24-2020

India

205 Signins

21800 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-07-23, 14:05 PM

@ Cpt.Cyrus wrote:

Thank you Ma'am. Ma'am I have done the factory reset option,but still I am not able on the flashlight. I am unable to click picture at night due to the absence of the flashlight. 

Hi, 

Thank you for trying. Since you are facing the same problem after factory data reset, I would recommend sending your phone for service. Please go through the link here to find the nearest Service Center details. Please don't hesitate to post again in case you need further assistance.

Thanks

Sunitha

Options

4 Posts

07-21-2021

India

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-07-25, 3:02 AM

Thank you Ma'am but it is really disheartened to see such problems on Motorola phones after an update. We really didn't expect this from Motorola. It is only 8 months of buying this phone and such problems are start occuring. Hope another update will come and my flashlight will work properly. 🤞🤞🙏🏼

Options

1972 Posts

11-24-2020

India

205 Signins

21800 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-07-26, 10:21 AM

@ Cpt.Cyrus wrote:

Thank you Ma'am but it is really disheartened to see such problems on Motorola phones after an update. We really didn't expect this from Motorola. It is only 8 months of buying this phone and such problems are start occuring. Hope another update will come and my flashlight will work properly. 🤞🤞🙏🏼

Hi, 

I certainly understand your concern. I would request you visit the nearest service center and get the device issue fixed. I appreciate your understanding! 

Thanks

Sunitha

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms