Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g9 play/moto g9
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-22-2020

India

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 10

Ghost touch issue moto G9 phone's screen

2020-11-22, 8:32 AM

Hi team,

I have ghost touch issue moto g9.

I tried factory reset. issue is not resolved.

Is Ghost touch a software problem ???

please help me. (turn on developer mode to get this) @MotorolaTom 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10RQgqGisJNKmvJxZ7kI340X3zfo2JwFI/view

PFA

Thanks,

Abin Thomas

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3302 Signins

75941 Page Views

• Views: 75941
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Ghost touch issue moto G9 phone's screen

2020-11-24, 0:50 AM

@ abinthomas wrote:

Hi team,

I have ghost touch issue moto g9.

I tried factory reset. issue is not resolved.

Is Ghost touch a software problem ???

please help me. (turn on developer mode to get this) @MotorolaTom 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10RQgqGisJNKmvJxZ7kI340X3zfo2JwFI/view

PFA

Thanks,

Abin Thomas

Yikes, yeah that is showing a bunch of touches at once. Generally speaking, ghost touch is normally a hardware issue. Do you have a screen protector on the phone? I can't really tell in the photo. If so try removing it. Also try removing the case to see if that helps as well. If not, then I would have to recommend that you have the device inspected by a service center. You can find your local service centers here: https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/mcp/trackrepair2

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

11-22-2020

India

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 10

2020-11-24, 2:59 AM

no screen guard. 

pls watch- https://drive.google.com/file/d/10RQgqGisJNKmvJxZ7kI340X3zfo2JwFI/view

can you tell is this board issue or touch panel issue.

also am using moto g9 20w charger. Charger  issues can make touch panel damage?

Thanks for fast reply.

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3302 Signins

75941 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2020-11-24, 21:52 PM

@ abinthomas wrote:

no screen guard. 

pls watch- https://drive.google.com/file/d/10RQgqGisJNKmvJxZ7kI340X3zfo2JwFI/view

can you tell is this board issue or touch panel issue.

also am using moto g9 20w charger. Charger  issues can make touch panel damage?

Thanks for fast reply.

It is possible for a charger to cause ghost touch if the cable or charger is noisy. However, by unplugging from the charger the issue should go away. If you're not charging and seeing this issue, I would highly recommend having the device serviced. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

11-25-2020

Czech Republic

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 10

2020-11-25, 6:45 AM

Hi, my son has a similar problem with ghost touches with the moto G9 Play. For the first 14 days, the son did not have a micro SIM, so he only used the mobile phone via wifi and there was no problem. But when we inserted the sim, then the mobile phone started generating ghost touches. Obviously, the weaker the telephone signal, the greater the problem of touches. (we have a very weak signal at home) Therefore, the problem seems to be related to actual power of a GSM radio module.  :/

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3302 Signins

75941 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2020-11-25, 20:58 PM

@ Tomkk wrote:

Hi, my son has a similar problem with ghost touches with the moto G9 Play. For the first 14 days, the son did not have a micro SIM, so he only used the mobile phone via wifi and there was no problem. But when we inserted the sim, then the mobile phone started generating ghost touches. Obviously, the weaker the telephone signal, the greater the problem of touches. (we have a very weak signal at home) Therefore, the problem seems to be related to actual power of a GSM radio module.  :/

I would find that very strange. I've not seen the radio on a phone cause ghost touches before. That being said, I guess anything is possible. If it's having this ghost touching, I would also recommend having the phone serviced as well. 

-Tom

Options

1 Posts

12-30-2020

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 7 of 10

2020-12-30, 14:26 PM

I also have the same problem with my moto g9 I suspected that the ghost touches are only happens during the network is changing, like if you are receiving or making a call, the network will change from 4g to 2g, also when you travel outside you city the phone will try to connect other network and then it will show multiple touches just like the screenshot..

I think this must be a software problem, because if it is a hardware problem then it would happen any time like right now while I'm typing.

I hope motorola fix this because resetting the phone doesn't help anyway..

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3302 Signins

75941 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2020-12-30, 22:23 PM

@ Akp1122 wrote:

I also have the same problem with my moto g9 I suspected that the ghost touches are only happens during the network is changing, like if you are receiving or making a call, the network will change from 4g to 2g, also when you travel outside you city the phone will try to connect other network and then it will show multiple touches just like the screenshot..

I think this must be a software problem, because if it is a hardware problem then it would happen any time like right now while I' typing.

I hope motorola fix this because resetting the phone doesn' help anyway..

The fact that only a few of you are experiencing this, I'm still going to recommend repair as if this was a software issue all G9 users would be experiencing this.

-Tom

Options

1 Posts

01-09-2021

Czech Republic

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 9 of 10

2021-01-09, 14:01 PM

I am also having issues with ghost touch on motorola g9 play which seems to be related to the radio. Whenever I am making a call from sim2, phone starts ghost touching, usually resulting into ending the call randomly. I was travelling by train recently, going through lot of places with very bad or no signal, and my phone was absolutely unusable the whole time, because it was ghost touching like crazy. When I only use my sim1 and don't have signal issues, it doesn't happen at all. That might be why most people don't have these issues.

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3302 Signins

75941 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2021-01-12, 2:26 AM

@ Jumpka wrote:

I am also having issues with ghost touch on motorola g9 play which seems to be related to the radio. Whenever I am making a call from sim2, phone starts ghost touching, usually resulting into ending the call randomly. I was travelling by train recently, going through lot of places with very bad or no signal, and my phone was absolutely unusable the whole time, because it was ghost touching like crazy. When I only use my sim1 and don' have signal issues, it doesn' happen at all. That might be why most people don' have these issues.

Sorry, you're experiencing this. As I previously recommended, I'd say please have the phone analyzed by a local service center. Let me know what they say.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms