10-09-2020

GB

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 5

Google pay contactless problem

2020-10-09, 19:07 PM

Whenever I try to use Google pay contactless on my new UK Moto G9 Play I get a red circle with an exclamation mark inside and the words 'That didn't work'. I'm on my third Moto G9 Play from 2 different vendors (Amazon UK and John Lewis) and they all do this. I've tried multiple cards all of which work with my old Moto G6, using different google accounts, in multiple locations and I get the same thing every time.

What am I doing wrong? Or does anyone else have this problem?

Options

464 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

215 Signins

4865 Page Views

• Views: 4865
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Google pay contactless problem

2020-10-09, 19:14 PM

Have you tried reinstalling Google Pay?

# I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. #
Options

2 Posts

10-09-2020

GB

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-10-09, 19:20 PM

Yes I have, I have also tried a factory rest and just installing one google account and then installing google pay.

Options

464 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

215 Signins

4865 Page Views

• Views: 4865
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-10-09, 19:42 PM

OK, have you tried using Google Pay help?

https://support.google.com/pay/gethelp?p=payment_error

You may need to sign in separately.

# I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. #
Options

3011 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3032 Signins

58956 Page Views

• Views: 58956
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-10-12, 15:19 PM

@ Shozza wrote:

Yes I have, I have also tried a factory rest and just installing one google account and then installing google pay.

Hello, and sorry you're running into this issue. I'm reaching out to some people on my end as well. Please keep us updated on the results from going through the Google Pay help. I can say if that help doesn't work, then can you please provide the following

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete