10-20-2020

IN

24 Signins

335 Page Views

• Views: 335
  • Message 1 of 10

Guys small help, Is this normal?

2020-10-25, 16:24 PM

The screen(the one on the right, motog9) looks a bit yellowish. Can you tell me if this is normal? @MotorolaTom

Thanks in advance.

Solved! See the solution
Options

877 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

312 Signins

8185 Page Views

• Views: 8185
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Guys small help, Is this normal?

2020-10-25, 19:43 PM

Difficult to assess from the image which is taken by a Xiaomi phone camera presumably as a JPG and no knowledge of settings especially WB, then further altered by WhatsApp.
However, just on the basis of the appearance in your image, I would say both screens are "wrong" as neither is a pure white.
Screen to left is too blue, on the right is red yellow tinted.
The Xiaomi overlay at the foot of the image is a good white and using that to partly fill both screens, you will see how both screens compare with a good white.
Try changing your colour mode in Display settings. If you can't get your G9 screen to match your preference, that will likely be down to different screen types.

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■ Please search the forum before posting. I do not respond to unsolicited PMs ■ Site Rules: https://tinyurl.com/yxlqjnal ■ Site Advice: https://tinyurl.com/yxchoq72 ■ If you post a question and no-one answers it does not mean no-one is thinking about it ■
Options

26 Posts

10-20-2020

IN

24 Signins

335 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2020-10-25, 22:07 PM

Can you tell me in what settings I should take the picture? So, that one can judge(i understand it cannot be perfect, but to take a better one than the present one). I will take the pic again and upload it(ok, no WhatsApp this time). Thanks.

Options

877 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

312 Signins

8185 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2020-10-25, 23:07 PM

No, you're missing the point. There is no such thing on a phone screen as a perfect or even optimal colour/tint setting - it's the user's preference. Just get your screen setting as close to your preference as you can or as your phone is capable of. Or use Dark mode 😉

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■ Please search the forum before posting. I do not respond to unsolicited PMs ■ Site Rules: https://tinyurl.com/yxlqjnal ■ Site Advice: https://tinyurl.com/yxchoq72 ■ If you post a question and no-one answers it does not mean no-one is thinking about it ■
Options

26 Posts

10-20-2020

IN

24 Signins

335 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2020-10-26, 8:47 AM

Dark mode on LCD? Sorry, no, not going to do it(or that is off-topic to what I am trying to convey). The point is it not just here, even in videos, I never see my display producing white. If I play big bunny buck movie, the bunny and the clouds are in yellow, If I play "costa Rica" clouds and waterfall are in yellow, Every color in all videos is added with a yellow tint(it is like everywhere).

This seemed a bit weird. so, to see if other g9 users are seeing the same stuff or just phone has some issue I posted it here. I am not looking for "perfect" but rather looking for "normal"(asking for that since the start and if it is normal for the phone I am fine with it) for the moto g9 phone(i have seen people using this phone on youtube, those phones seem to produced white or just here there was a post on "glitched upi interface" which seems to produce white). Rather than seeing the phone screen through a video/picture captured through another camera, I want to ask the people using it.

I know you are trying to help. but if you don't have a g9 you won't be able to help me much(a few days ago I have seen you type "not sure about moto g9 but" so, I am assuming you don't use one). Or if you know how to reduce yellow tint through display setting and guide me I would be really grateful(all I know and tried is "colors" as I tried natural, boosted, and saturated. none of them worked to remove/reduce the yellow tint). If you know beyond that and guide me I would be really grateful. Again thanks for trying to help.

Options

877 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

312 Signins

8185 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2020-10-26, 11:25 AM

It certainly would be good if other G9 users chipped in with their screen display experience.

Options

21 Posts

10-23-2020

IN

27 Signins

370 Page Views

• Views: 370
  • Message 7 of 10

2020-10-26, 17:33 PM

I can't understand much in the picture but if it seems too yellow just check if the night light is turned on or off as turning it on does make it look yellow to reduce strain on eyes at night. Other than that I think it looks normal but I am no tech expert and for me I don't think natural, saturated or boosted makes much of a difference.

(Typed this on Moto g9 with yellowish display because night light is turned on)

Options

3410 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3070 Signins

62536 Page Views

• Views: 62536
  • Message 8 of 10

2020-10-26, 17:56 PM

@ ShubhamSKG wrote:

I can't understand much in the picture but if it seems too yellow just check if the night light is turned on or off as turning it on does make it look yellow to reduce strain on eyes at night. Other than that I think it looks normal but I am no tech expert and for me I don't think natural, saturated or boosted makes much of a difference.

(Typed this on Moto g9 with yellowish display because night light is turned on)

There are always variations between displays, especially between phone models. Some are warmer and some are cooler even on the same model. That being said, yes if the night mode is enabled the screen will appear warmer (yellowish), however, if night mode is disabled you might have a warmer toned panel. If it' bothers you, you can always look into getting it exchanged, but there is no guarantee that the replacement will have a cooler screen.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

26 Posts

10-20-2020

IN

24 Signins

335 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2020-10-27, 5:29 AM

@ ShubhamSKG Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm, the night light is not on( you can see it in the picture). So, I take it is even you have a similar screen when the night light is off?

Options

21 Posts

10-23-2020

IN

27 Signins

370 Page Views

• Views: 370
  • Message 10 of 10

2020-10-27, 9:42 AM

Yes, it's the same.

1 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete