Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g9 play/moto g9
All Forum Topics
Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Views: 75931
  • Message 1 of 5

Help Topics, FAQ's, and Chat/Contact Options

2020-12-28, 22:19 PM

Hello if you're looking for Help Topics, FAQ's or Chat/Contact Options, please use the following link. Choose your region and model and you will be taken directly to the support page for your model. Once there you can easily find Help Topics, How-tos & Solutions, Contact Us (Including Chat with our virtual agent and live agents during normal business hours).

http://motorola.com/mymotog

As always, we're here to help as well. Just search the community for an existing topic or start a new one if you need us. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

02-17-2021

Australia

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Help Topics, FAQ's, and Chat/Contact Options

2021-02-17, 0:36 AM

My g9 play screen goes black when I make phone calls.

It's making so hard to use the screen to type or select some numbers because I can't see anything until the call end.

I tried so many times to look for solutions on the menu bars but nothing could solve it.

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-02-17, 3:39 AM

@ Lino L wrote:

My g9 play screen goes black when I make phone calls.

It' making so hard to use the screen to type or select some numbers because I can' see anything until the call end.

I tried so many times to look for solutions on the menu bars but nothing could solve it.

Hello, sorry to hear this. Do you happen to have a screen protector or a case on the phone? It sounds like the proximity sensor is being triggered which would make the screen go black while on a phone call. You can test the proximity sensor in the Device Help app. Open the app > Device diagnosis > Hardware test > Proximity sensor. Give it a test. If it's not working then and you have a case or screen protector on your phone, try removing them. If it still fails to work then the phone should be repaired. If you need a repair, please reach out to us here: https://support.motorola.com/anz/en/contactus

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

03-02-2021

Brazil

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-03-02, 2:02 AM

When I use the headset and block the screen of the cell phone and someone sends me a message the cell phone notifies me as if it is in "Play" mode and it is in VIBRATE mode ... This bothers me a lot because I can't even listen to music. I can 

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-03-03, 0:33 AM

@ Monier wrote:

When I use the headset and block the screen of the cell phone and someone sends me a message the cell phone notifies me as if it is in "Play" mode and it is in VIBRATE mode ... This bothers me a lot because I can' even listen to music. I can 

Hello, this is strange. I just tested this on mine and I'm unable to duplicate it. While this used to happen in older versions of Android on Android 10, the phone just vibrates. I tested with YouTube Music playing in the background. Have my phone set to vibrate only. I sent myself a message from another phone and this phone kept playing the music and just vibrated with no audible tone. I have a few questions to ensure I'm testing the same way.

1. Are you using a wired or Bluetooth headset?
  2. What music player are you using?
  3. Is the pone playing the notification tone for all notifications or only from certain apps? If only from certain apps, what apps is playing the notification tone?

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms