Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g9 play/moto g9
All Forum Topics
Options

33 Posts

10-23-2020

India

68 Signins

740 Page Views

• Views: 740
  • Message 1 of 21

Some suggestions for future updates

2020-11-20, 8:44 AM
  1. The device is working nice and with these few small features in future updates it can be an even great experience for a user.

1. 1) While the peek display is good but it can be annoying      sometimes. So it will be good to add double tap to wake  feature.
  3. 2) A single shortcut button in the navigation panel to turn on or off the adaptive brightness.
  5. 3) More functions with the fingerprint sensor like to turn off the phone with pressing it for 2 seconds as many are facing issue with the buttons or to take screenshots with it.
  7. 4) The brightness issue previously mentioned by me in its topic is still not fixed in this update with October security patch.

5) To be able to turn off internet completely for a specific app for some time.

1. 6) A long shot but be able to remap the assistant button as there are already many ways to open assistant like swiping from corner or saying ok google and the assistant icon as well.
Options

191 Posts

12-03-2014

India

629 Signins

9139 Page Views

• Views: 9139
  • Message 2 of 21

Re:Some suggestions for future updates

2020-11-20, 9:03 AM

**One hand mode also needed, available in previous moto phone.

Options

26 Posts

11-20-2020

India

38 Signins

270 Page Views

• Views: 270
  • Message 3 of 21

Some suggestions for future updates

2020-11-20, 9:23 AM
Also Add Internet Speed Meter
Options

42 Posts

10-13-2020

India

72 Signins

1830 Page Views

• Views: 1830
  • Message 4 of 21

2020-11-21, 18:47 PM

Painfully slow internet

Need Dual VoLTE and CA/4G+ support

Options

27 Posts

11-03-2020

India

49 Signins

460 Page Views

• Views: 460
  • Message 5 of 21

2020-11-22, 4:13 AM

Yes CA/4g Plus is needed.. i am facing many issues on playing games due network problem.. i usually get around 70-80 Plus ping on COD which is very bad..

Kthug
Options

33 Posts

10-23-2020

India

68 Signins

740 Page Views

• Message 6 of 21

2020-11-27, 11:29 AM

Seperate volume adjustments for notifications and calls.

Click selfies with fingerprint scanner

Options

33 Posts

10-23-2020

India

68 Signins

740 Page Views

• Message 7 of 21

2021-02-04, 0:11 AM

@MotorolaTom i think you missed this and even I forgot about it😅😅

Options

4903 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74171 Page Views

• Views: 74171
  • Message 8 of 21

2021-02-04, 19:38 PM

Hello everyone, I appreciate your dedication and eagerness to get future features and enhancements. I will be sure to pass it all along to the proper people. Like normal I can't promise anything, but I can assure you the feedback will get to them. 

I'll cover a few and my thoughts on them

• Double-Tap to wake screen. I don't believe any of our phones offer this feature currently
  • Adaptive Brightness quick toggle. This is interesting, but not something currently available on stock Android. However, if you're looking to toggle this off for different apps, you can use Moto Gametime to your advantage to turn off Adaptive Brightness when you launch the app or game. (Moto app > Gametime > Settings > Toggle on Disable adaptive brightness > Game management > Tap the + to add any app to the list) Now when you open that app, the Adaptive Brightness will be disabled automatically.  To remove an app just go back into the Game management section and tap on the x next to it and remove it. 
  • Fingerprint features. currently the only additional feature available on stock Android is to show notifications with a swipe (Settings > System > Gestures > Swipe fingerprint for notifications). Personally, I'm not a big fan of this gesture as it doesn't feel very reliable or responsive even on Pixel.
  • Turning off the internet for an app. Not sure why you would want this. Most apps require some sort of network connection unless you're trying to avoid ads in some offline games. Are there other reasons why you would want a feature like this?
  • Remapping the Google Assistant button. This will definitely not happen. I don't even want to give you any false hope on this one.
  • Swipe to Shrink. This is a Moto Action that's essentially end of life. All models released in the last 6 months do not have swipe to shrink. This is likely due to low customer use. How often did you use swipe to shrink?
  • Internet Speed Meter is something we've never had on our devices nor is it a stock Android feature. 
  • Dual VoLTE/CA - I've already passed this feedback along
  • Separate volume controls for notifications/calls. This is something Google removed quite a long time ago. As far as I'm aware there are no plans to add this back.
  • Taking a selfie using the fingerprint sensor to trigger the capture. While this is intriguing. It's not that different from using the volume key to trigger the capture. I don't see us adding it. Do you have a reason why it would be better than the current volume control option?

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

33 Posts

10-23-2020

India

68 Signins

740 Page Views

• Message 9 of 21

2021-02-05, 6:03 AM
Adaptive brightness is not needed for games but for general use only. Most of the users don't keep it on but when we go out in sun we have to search for the slider so a single toggle right beside the slider would be good. Swipe fingerprint for notifications is working fine for me and very useful with phones getting bigger. While taking selfies it is easier to reach the fingerprint scanner than the volume button for most of the users. Turning off the internet for a specific is needed for some games only and a few other apps for the same reason. If some users use one handed mode then we should be added. Other users who don't use it still won't mind having an option. Sad that google removed seperate volume controls for call and notification but if it can be added it would be nice as sometimes notifications can be annoying so we can silence it but keep the ringtone for call on. Thanks
Options

11 Posts

01-26-2021

Bangladesh

28 Signins

180 Page Views

• Views: 180
  • Message 10 of 21

2021-02-20, 6:29 AM

when i use a luncher name lawnchair i saw they add double tap screen off so i am sure that in future update u can got double tap screen off and on option . it's not to heard to i think. moto can add this feture on moto app like gestures . and my last qsn is when we got new update on moto g9 play (model-xt2083-5).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms