IN

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 9

video playback error in moto g9

2020-10-26, 9:20 AM

Hi All,

I have recently brought two Moto G9 phones. In both the devices I am facing a video playback problem/issue.

in few OTT Application wile playing the video it  stucks/lag. I have tried couple of steps like

1. 1) uninstall reinstalled application

2) clear app memory

3) factory reset device 

4) reduce the video quality to low 

5) few more

but the outcome is same. 

My view on this-:

OTT application (voot & ZEE5) are working fine with my iPhone XR iPad. Android TV and Amazon fire stick. But only with Moto G9 its not working so it’s clearly  Device issue.

The phone is connected to a broadband with a speed of 100mbps.( No SIM card in one of the phone) 

Moto G9 is my secondary Device, I use this only to view film web series . YouTube and games with this condition it’s no use of buying this phone.

I have problem in both of my Moto G9 phone

I have reached Moto team Twitter support  but no positive response

I have pasted a video link of the phone problem (video formate)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1629Zl8Jw0RF2Bttz1BcYLZVA_U2IOeHg

looking for a help.

Regards 

Guru

Options

3311 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3060 Signins

61731 Page Views

• Views: 61731
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:video playback error in moto g9

2020-10-26, 14:10 PM

@ Guru Gowdru wrote:

Hi All,

I have recently brought two Moto G9 phones. In both the devices I am facing a video playback problem/issue.

in few OTT Application wile playing the video it  stucks/lag. I have tried couple of steps like

1. 1) uninstall reinstalled application

2) clear app memory

3) factory reset device 

4) reduce the video quality to low 

5) few more

but the outcome is same. 

My view on this-:

OTT application (voot & ZEE5) are working fine with my iPhone XR iPad. Android TV and Amazon fire stick. But only with Moto G9 its not working so it’s clearly  Device issue.

The phone is connected to a broadband with a speed of 100mbps.( No SIM card in one of the phone) 

Moto G9 is my secondary Device, I use this only to view film web series . YouTube and games with this condition it’s no use of buying this phone.

I have problem in both of my Moto G9 phone

I have reached Moto team Twitter support  but no positive response

I have pasted a video link of the phone problem (video formate)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1629Zl8Jw0RF2Bttz1BcYLZVA_U2IOeHg

looking for a help.

Regards 

Guru

Hello, sorry to see you're experiencing this when trying to watching streaming video. I'd like to test this on my G9. Can you provide me the playstore links to both apps you're using so I can try the same apps?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5 Posts

10-26-2020

IN

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2020-10-27, 7:46 AM

Hi Tom,

Please find the link of the application

Zee5:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.graymatrix.did&hl=en_IN&gl=US

Voot: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tv.v18.viola&hl=en_IN&gl=US

Regard's

Guru

Options

3311 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3060 Signins

61731 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2020-10-27, 20:57 PM

@ Guru Gowdru wrote:

Hi Tom,

Please find the link of the application

Zee5:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.graymatrix.did&hl=en_IN&gl=US

Voot: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tv.v18.viola&hl=en_IN&gl=US

Regard's

Guru

Thanks for the links. Sadly, both apps are not available in the US. I'll see if I can get someone in region to test.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

10-26-2020

IN

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2020-10-28, 3:22 AM

Thank you will be looking for you support

I was trying some troubleshooting via  Rescue and Smart Assistant but this application goes blank when i try to login via my Lenovo id .

The login screen goes blank even after couple of hrs, I Clueless on this.

PFA

Regard's

Guru

Options

3311 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3060 Signins

61731 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2020-10-29, 0:01 AM

@ Guru Gowdru wrote:

Thank you will be looking for you support

I was trying some troubleshooting via  Rescue and Smart Assistant but this application goes blank when i try to login via my Lenovo id .

The login screen goes blank even after couple of hrs, I Clueless on this.

PFA

Regard's

Guru

Yeah that's weird. I have Rescue & Smart Assistant on my laptop and as soon as I try to log in, it brings up the Lenovo ID webpage login almost immediately. Do you possibly have a firewall or anti-virus blocking the connection to the webpage for the login?

-Tom

Options

5 Posts

10-26-2020

IN

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2020-10-30, 3:36 AM

Hi 

Yes I am using my office laptop.( it had all latest security updates) .

Got a confirmation from VOOT & ZEE5 ( OTT Application) their application is working  fine with all device and its doesn't have any bug/problem.

I have visited your ASC and handover the device to  them.

They confirmed that it will be  report to another team. 

it would be great if you inform an Indian Tech team look into it  this.

I have attached the job I’d sheet.

Regards

Guru

5499FAD0-8797-49DC-B218-6E299715173E.jpeg
Options

5 Posts

10-26-2020

IN

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2020-11-04, 3:55 AM

The Device was returned from ASC informing that,  kindly stream video's with 19 to 20 MBPS speed .But currently my speed is  109 average speed  (tested for 3 times ) 1st 106 2nd 106 3rd 116.

@MotorolaTom  If incase if you have not any support from team to resolve this, kindly let me know so i can reach out for a legal team to get this resolved. 

Thank you.

Regard's

Guru

Options

3311 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3060 Signins

61731 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2020-11-04, 23:24 PM

@ Guru Gowdru wrote:

The Device was returned from ASC informing that,  kindly stream video's with 19 to 20 MBPS speed .But currently my speed is  109 average speed  (tested for 3 times ) 1st 106 2nd 106 3rd 116.

@MotorolaTom  If incase if you have not any support from team to resolve this, kindly let me know so i can reach out for a legal team to get this resolved. 

Thank you.

Regard's

Guru

So far in our testing, we have tested the same model and software version. Setting Zee5 to 1080p playback was fine. Setting Voot to HD was also fine. It would appear that at this time this is not a phone moto g9 issue, but an app or network related issue. Our team is looking to see if there is a way to work directly with the app developers at this point. I wish I had a better update for you, but that's where we're currently at.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete