9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 11

2 installed apps freeze

2021-02-21, 20:02 PM

Hi all, 

I'm after some advice if possible please. I've just got a new Moto G9 plus and I must say I'm impressed with it just these 2 problems that are annoying me. I installed mysky and planet radio apps and when I start them they just freeze. I've tried everything like uninstalling and reinstalled and hard reset but still nothing so any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Options

4242 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3224 Signins

69441 Page Views

• Views: 69441
  • Message 2 of 11

Re:2 installed apps freeze

2021-02-22, 1:47 AM

@ Bezman wrote:

Hi all, 

I' after some advice if possible please. I' just got a new Moto G9 plus and I must say I' impressed with it just these 2 problems that are annoying me. I installed mysky and planet radio apps and when I start them they just freeze. I' tried everything like uninstalling and reinstalled and hard reset but still nothing so any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hello and thanks for taking the time to post. I installed these apps on my Moto G9 Plus. For Planet Radio, I was able to create an account and stream music. For My Sky, I can install the app and open it, but I don't have an account for this service so I'm unable to test. However, the app doesn't freeze up. At what point are the apps freezing up on you?

-Tom

FYI, we (the moto support team) do not actively monitor the community on the weekends so there may be delays in getting back to you.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

04-05-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 3 of 11

2021-02-22, 5:58 AM
Hi Tom thanks for the quick reply. I've just done a factory reset again to see if that fixes the problem. Now another problem has arisen i've just inputted my wifi code and the connects but says no internet which is strange seeming it was connected to it a few minutes ago. I'm definetly getting some strange things happening at the moment
Options

9 Posts

04-05-2019

9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 4 of 11

2021-02-22, 6:59 AM
Hi again, Just did a factory reset and still no joy so i assume theres a fault with the phone. So it will be sent back
Options

12532 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1221 Signins

166265 Page Views

• Views: 166265
  • Message 5 of 11

2021-02-22, 14:12 PM

Hi Bezman

Thanks for trying factory data reset. If you still have the phone, please make sure you did not restore your apps/backup when you setup the phone. See if you can properly connect with your WiFi then try installing these apps and see if there's improvement. Please let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

04-05-2019

9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2021-02-22, 14:20 PM
Hi Rich, I tried installing the 2 apps before doing a restore backup and both apps had no joy with. The phone refused to connect by wifi in which i mean the phone accepted thr password and said its connected but no internet and would only connect after the phone started fully. I definetly think i had a faulty phone so good ridence to that one and hopefully the one i get tomorrow is alot better. I had a spare Moto G7 plus which is a cracking phone and was hoping the G9 plus was just as good.
Options

12532 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1221 Signins

166265 Page Views

• Views: 166265
  • Message 7 of 11

2021-02-23, 15:21 PM

Hi Bezman

Sounds like a faulty one. Please don't hesitate to post again and keep me updated if you're still having an issue with your replacement. We're here to help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

9 Posts

04-05-2019

9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2021-02-23, 15:50 PM
Hi there Rich,, between Sky and myself we worked out the 2 apps in question doesn't like going through wifi because they work perfectly when using mobile data. So we don't know if its a router, phone or app problem. I must admit I've discounted the phone as its another new phone. So I was wondering if you have any ideas after what I just said. Thanks for your help
Options

13 Posts

02-08-2021

Brazil

12 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 9 of 11

2021-02-23, 16:09 PM

Check if your router has a custom DNS (other than your ISP) or/and if there's any blacklist on the firewall settings, alternatively, just try another Wi-Fi network.

Options

9 Posts

04-05-2019

9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

2021-02-23, 16:15 PM
Thanks for the answer luvandjoi but you must forgive me but when it comes to wifi and routers I'm a complete novice. I joy know how to put the wifi password in.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms