Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g9 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-19-2021

Australia

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 10

Texts Stuck on Sending...

2021-01-19, 1:38 AM

I recently got a new g9 Plus. Sometimes when I try to send texts on Messages it gets stuck on 'sending'. Restarting the phone solves this problem but I don't want to do that every time I want to send a text. I never had this issue with my previous phones.

Any help would be appreciated. Thxs.

Options

13079 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1254 Signins

170695 Page Views

• Views: 170695
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Texts Stuck on Sending...

2021-01-19, 18:00 PM

Hi YEP12

Can you please confirm if your network signal strength is good? Also, make sure all apps are up to date in Play Store. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

01-19-2021

Australia

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2021-01-20, 0:00 AM

Thanks for the reply. All apps are up to date. I made sure of that when it wasn't sending.

The signal isn't at 100% but once I reset the phone, the network signal doesn't change and it sends.

Options

4839 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3275 Signins

73736 Page Views

• Views: 73736
  • Message 4 of 10

2021-01-20, 2:32 AM

@ YEP12 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. All apps are up to date. I made sure of that when it wasn' sending.

The signal isn' at 100% but once I reset the phone, the network signal doesn' change and it sends.

Thanks for confirming. How long have you waited before resorting to rebooting the phone to get the message to send? Also, are you using the stock messaging app or a 3rd party one?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

01-19-2021

Australia

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2021-01-22, 5:07 AM

I first noticed the issue when I tried to send a text and noticed the next day that it didn't send. Yesterday I waited about 4 minutes and it sent after moving round the house, if that helped... Normally I'd give it a minute or two before resetting.

Options

13079 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1254 Signins

170695 Page Views

• Views: 170695
  • Message 6 of 10

2021-01-22, 20:45 PM

Hi YEP12

Thank you for your reply. If you're using the stock Messages app by Google, please try sending a message while the phone is in safe mode. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Turn off airplane mode.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Also, please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

4 Posts

01-19-2021

Australia

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2021-04-06, 5:02 AM
Hi. Since replying last time, I have: - tried a different SMS app - deleted any apps that I installed - done a full factory reset on the phone (so if can't be the apps can it?) - asked for help from where I bought the phone from - got a new sim card from my mobile provider - reset the network settings None of this has fixed this issue....
Options

2439 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1131 Signins

46940 Page Views

• Views: 46940
  • Message 8 of 10

2021-04-08, 3:41 AM

@ YEP12 wrote:

I first noticed the issue when I tried to send a text and noticed the next day that it didn' send. Yesterday I waited about 4 minutes and it sent after moving round the house, if that helped... Normally I' give it a minute or two before resetting.

Hi, 

Can you please try to Reset apps preferences to see if that helps Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Menu (3 dots on the top right) > Reset app preferences > Reset apps.  Also, please try this enabling the mobile data always-on feature in the developer settings.

1. Enable Developer options a. Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build number 7 times > enter PIN/Password

2. Go into Developer options a. Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Toggle on Mobile Data Always Active

Please check and let us know.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

29 Posts

02-16-2021

Poland

19 Signins

295 Page Views

• Views: 295
  • Message 9 of 10

2021-04-15, 1:31 AM

@YEP12 unfortunately, this is an annoying glitch in the default (Google) messages app which is very old - I've noticed it sometimes even on non-Motorola phones using the same messages app even three years ago. The messages are usually already sent but the app doesn't display the status right when showing the message on the screen until you close it or restart the phone.

Options

29 Posts

02-16-2021

Poland

19 Signins

295 Page Views

• Views: 295
  • Message 10 of 10

2021-04-15, 1:43 AM

But if your messages are not sending even after waiting for a few minutes or using other SMS app, I think then that the problem might be related to the SIM card or your carrier network. If you have that option, try to use other SIM card (other carrier too if the other SIM from the same carrier gives the same behavior) to check that out.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms