Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20 lite / motorola edge 20 fusion
All Forum Topics
Options

516 Posts

01-08-2015

India

629 Signins

6660 Page Views

• Views: 6660
  • Message 11 of 14

Re:About Android 12 update

2021-11-19, 8:24 AM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ NDShah wrote:

Truly said. For the product page on Flipkart if you are promising 2 years of OS upgrades then why moto agents are hesitating to confirm the same and provide a timeline for the updates?

So I don't have any information on 12 and definitely not 13. That being said, we have not made any statements. That being said, we do provide specs to our retailers if they mess up with what they publish it's not fully our fault. I'm not saying what they put was wrong. I'm just saying we (Motorola) have not made any official statements on our Site/Blog/or community post regarding software updates for the edge 20 fusion/edge 20 lite. I hope that makes sense. I will however reach out to my colleagues who work with Flipkart to see what they think. 

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks for your revert Tom. Definitely few things still do not make sense.

1. Flipkart and Motorola have tie-up for sellling motorola phones online in India. Flipkart has put up 2 OS Upgrades and 2 Years of Security patches in their specifications. After Three months of launch of Motorola Edge 20 Fusion it still says the same. Everytwhere on the net, in reviews, its said that Two OS Upgrades. But Motorola does not want to clarify anything. People are buying on these promises. When its written by seller it means its motorola saying through seller's mouth. What you have written is difficult to digest. I'm not saying what they put was wrong is kind of 50%-50% statement around unsurety. So many have already purchased this mobile in India. I am curious to see what your PR/Sales is coming up for Android 12 and later on for Android 13 next year.

2. That being said, we do provide specs to our retailers if they mess up with what they publish it's not fully our fault. Again this statement is 50-50. If you think Flipkart has put wrong stuff then why are you continuing with such seller. Also after 3 months why still that thing is shown in Specs. What is Motorola India doing ? Are they not aware about this ? There are 'n' number of questions... I will stop here on this.

3. Below is the article by Android Authority which confirms what Flipkart has mentioned.

https://www.androidauthority.com/motorola-edge-20-updates-1658433/

This will be my last post in this thread and on this topic because the arguments and counter-arguments have no end. But one thing is sure, it would be very sad if Motorola breaks their promise of two OS Upgrades for Motorola Edge 20 Fusion.

Wait & Watch.

motofanindia
Options

12 Posts

10-27-2021

India

12 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 12 of 14

2021-11-22, 7:57 AM

Consumers should not get carried away by such offers like 2 major OS upgrades unless the brand launches Android One device like Nokia or Mi A Series.

It's also mentioned for 2 years over there which means after 2 years the device will be out of Support after which no updates needs to be pushed by OEM unless major flaw or critical updates were pushed previously. 

This is what happened to Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Stock Android. They announced it on Stage Android P and Q but did not get Stable release over OTA as mentioned. Here atleast Motorola has not committed anything such on their website or launch event.

Well that being said this does not mean Motorola won't give 2 major update but don't have much hope since the device isn't a part of android one program. 

Options

8 Posts

10-07-2021

India

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 13 of 14

2021-11-25, 1:57 AM
After about 1 month of Google officialy announcing Android 12 Samsung started rolling out Android 12 OTA. Motorola is still decoding whether provide Android 12 or not. How can you call it good customer service?
Options

12 Posts

10-27-2021

India

12 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 14 of 14

2021-11-25, 8:46 AM

Samsung also provides 4 years of updates not to forget. But the UI Stock UI is Motorola and Nokia these days, and Nokia has best track record for Software Updates but Motorola does not have a good track record. But on the other side Nokia cuts cost on hardware like screen.We can expect Android 12 atleast. I don't think Motorola is that bad in terms of Software Updates that they won't give even 1 major OS upgrade.

By the way pushing Android 12 to few phones especially flagship ones creates hype and attracts more customers. So next time you buy a phone you think twice Motorola or Samsung.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms