Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20 lite / motorola edge 20 fusion
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-12-2021

India

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 13

Issues am facing on my device

2021-10-12, 14:49 PM

Hi team,

Can't able to remove the home screen app icons shortcut since I have the same installed app icons on apps tray.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20211011-232239.png Screenshot_20211011-231706-920.png
Options

6054 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

699 Signins

59632 Page Views

• Views: 59632
  • Message 2 of 13

Re:Issues am facing on my device

2021-10-12, 18:30 PM

Hi @ Ramlae,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding removing apps from the home screen. We'll try our best t help. For us to further assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions.

Have you tried to press, hold and, drag the app and see if the Remove or X option at the top will show?

Did you get any error messages when trying to remove them?

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

84 Posts

07-27-2015

India

157 Signins

1167 Page Views

• Views: 1167
  • Message 3 of 13

2021-10-13, 4:08 AM

Hi, 

When the device is kept inside my trouser front pocket with the screen facing my leg after locking or putting off the screen it tends to come on by itself or opens the lock screen and starts 2 to 3 apps or even calls numbers by itself, is there a remedy for this problem ?

CJ
Options

3 Posts

10-12-2021

India

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 4 of 13

2021-10-13, 4:30 AM

Hi Jess,

I have tried this many time. but, there is no remove or delete or X symbol. I attached the SS please check .Thanks.

Options

3 Posts

10-12-2021

India

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2021-10-13, 4:53 AM

Can't able to add the ss

Options

2778 Posts

11-24-2020

India

256 Signins

28151 Page Views

• Views: 28151
  • Message 6 of 13

2021-10-13, 9:45 AM

@ Ramlae wrote:

Hi Jess,

I have tried this many time. but, there is no remove or delete or X symbol. I attached the SS please check .Thanks.

Hi, 

Thank you for trying! I have tested on the same model and it is just working fine(Once I tap and hold on to the app on the Home screen, I can able to see the Remove option on top of the screen ). I would suggest you follow the below instructions and let me know how it goes: 

• Restart your phone and see if that helps. 
  • Try clearing the Moto App launcher cache/Data. Here are the instructions: Go to Setting>> Apps and Notifications>>App info >>Particular Application>>Force stop>> Click ok>> storage >>Clear cache/data. Restart the phone post this and check the device. 

I hope it helps! 

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2778 Posts

11-24-2020

India

256 Signins

28151 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2021-10-13, 9:51 AM

@ chrisjudej wrote:

Hi, 

When the device is kept inside my trouser front pocket with the screen facing my leg after locking or putting off the screen it tends to come on by itself or opens the lock screen and starts 2 to 3 apps or even calls numbers by itself, is there a remedy for this problem ?

Hi, 

Thanks for writing to us. Sorry to know about this. I will try my best to help you with this. It would be great if you could help me with some more details : 

• When did you start facing this? 
  • Can you please share a short video of the exact issue you are facing? 
  • Have you inserted any screen protector/tempered glass on your phone? If yes, can you try to remove it and see if any differences? 

I look forward to your response.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

84 Posts

07-27-2015

India

157 Signins

1167 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2021-10-14, 6:15 AM

Hi, 

Thanks for writing to us. Sorry to know about this. I will try my best to help you with this. It would be great if you could help me with some more details : 

When did you start facing this? 
Can you please share a short video of the exact issue you are facing? 
Have you inserted any screen protector/tempered glass on your phone? If yes, can you try to remove it and see if any differences? 

Thanks

Sunitha

Hi Sunitha,

Thanks for replying,

a) I bought this phone almost a month back, I started having  this problem since a  week after that, and

b) I don't think I will be able to record a video of this problem because it happens when I am unaware and I know about it when either the youtube or some music app opens and starts playing and I hear the sound, or when I take my phone out to use it 

C) I haven't used a screen guard yet 

Thanks & Regards

Christopher Jude J

CJ
Options

2778 Posts

11-24-2020

India

256 Signins

28151 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2021-10-14, 10:52 AM

@ chrisjudej wrote:

Hi, 

When did you start facing this? 
Can you please share a short video of the exact issue you are facing? 
Have you inserted any screen protector/tempered glass on your phone? If yes, can you try to remove it and see if any differences? 

Thanks

Sunitha

Hi Sunitha,

Thanks for replying,

a) I bought this phone almost a month back, I started having  this problem since a  week after that, and

b) I don't think I will be able to record a video of this problem because it happens when I am unaware and I know about it when either the youtube or some music app opens and starts playing and I hear the sound, or when I take my phone out to use it 

C) I haven't used a screen guard yet 

Thanks & Regards

Christopher Jude J

Hi Christopher Jude J, 

Thank you for confirming! Can you please test your phone in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue?  Safe Mode starts the device without any third-party applications being started. This will allow you to open apps individually to try and determine which app may be causing the issue.

To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up, reboot the device to get back to normal mode. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Options

84 Posts

07-27-2015

India

157 Signins

1167 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2021-10-14, 17:22 PM

Hi Christopher Jude J, 

Thank you for confirming! Can you please test your phone in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue?  Safe Mode starts the device without any third-party applications being started. This will allow you to open apps individually to try and determine which app may be causing the issue.

To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up, reboot the device to get back to normal mode. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Hi Sunitha,

Thanks for the suggestion, I shall try doing that and report 

Thanks again

Christopher Jude J 

CJ
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms