Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20 lite / motorola edge 20 fusion
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

07-22-2014

India

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

worst camera

2021-09-14, 13:43 PM

I am getting very low quality images from both front and rear cameras. Is this really 108 MP camera or just gimmick !!. Also i found out that Dimensity 800u will support only upto 64MP camera. Is that real ??

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Views: 86226
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:worst camera

2021-09-14, 19:33 PM

@ ABHIJITH_S wrote:

I am getting very low quality images from both front and rear cameras. Is this really 108 MP camera or just gimmick !!. Also i found out that Dimensity 800u will support only upto 64MP camera. Is that real ??

Hello and thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sorry you're unhappy with the performance of the camera. Can you upload some sample photos taken with the front and rear camera to Google Drive and share the link to them? I'd like to have some people take a look. As for the Dimensity 800u (64MP), let me look into that part some more. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Views: 86226
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:worst camera

2021-09-21, 20:31 PM

I apologize for the delay. First, I truly appreciate you bringing this up and giving me the opportunity to explain.

You are correct that the Dimensity 800u does not support 108MP. However, our camera is not passing 108MP to the chipset. Let me break it down so it makes more sense.

1. The camera software captures the image using the 108MP sensor
  2. The software then utilizes a 9:1 pixel binning or 9 pixels to 1.
  3. This results in a 12MP image being sent to the chipset to be processed. 

This 9:1 binning process allows the phone to capture more light sensitivity (9x), resulting in better images.

That being said, we know there is room for improvement on the camera and we’ve heard your feedback loud and clear. I’m happy to say we are working to get improvements for the camera through updates on the Play Store and OS. I don’t have timing on those updates, but I can confirm we’re working on improving the camera quality

Thanks

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms